SuperSteer SS170

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would take a chance on the ProForged. I also put their Idler and Pitman in my truck with 68k on it, so when I put the SS1170 in, I have no regrets at all, I feel my truck is worth it. There’s no one size fits all here. I personally prefer a once and done over putting it in 4 times though.
Yes absolutely.Although the moog problem solver idler arm looks more beefy,The proforged is solid! (stud end)

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would take a chance on the ProForged. I also put their Idler and Pitman in my truck with 68k on it, so when I put the SS1170 in, I have no regrets at all, I feel my truck is worth it. There’s no one size fits all here. I personally prefer a once and done over putting it in 4 times though.
I bet, with actual greasing, any of the good 3rd party idler mounts will last an easy over 100k miles, or more, which for me will be practically forever. I'll find out - I have one sitting in a parts pile waiting to go on my '07 burb. That said I'm sure the SS will be a lifetime piece, too bad they are unobtainium now. Hopefully kryptonite steps up and fills this gap for our trucks.