Sun visor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which is the correct sunvisor color for my truck? I tried lmc and they could not point me in the right direction. 13I in the interior color

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A description of the 13I interior color and a pic of a sample would help. At LMC they don't have or offer every color of the rainbow for color options. They get close. I am going thru this right now with my girl's 1990 K2500 headliner and visor replacements. I am going a different route than LMC. You can also have choices at Rock Auto. I am going with a local upholsterer because he can exact match the color and provide the labor. I am just taking the stuff all apart and reinstalling them. The shipping for a headliner is brutal.

Of course you supplied a pic while I was typing my response. My info still stands.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A description of the 13I interior color and a pic of a sample would help. At LMC they don't have or offer every color of the rainbow for color options. They get close. I am going thru this right now with my girl's 1990 K2500 headliner and visor replacements. I am going a different route than LMC. You can also have choices at Rock Auto. I am going with a local upholsterer because he can exact match the color and provide the labor. I am just taking the stuff all apart and reinstalling them. The shipping for a headliner is brutal.

Of course you supplied a pic while I was typing my response. My info still stands.
For 1990-up, the gray interior on these trucks is pretty much describable as "light gray"; 1988-1989 and a few fleet style models into the next couple years might have still had something closer to a dark gray, and then there were those weird two-tone examples that might have had some elements of medium gray.

The Rockauto visors are actually a few bucks more than LMC. :( Apparently Holley is offering them now as well and they're even more (around $150 a pair and up)

Kinda curious for anyone that has done the replacements - how easy is it to pull the originals off the rod? I can't remember the last time I did that and it was so long ago it wasn't on a gmt400.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The visors come off the bracket rod pretty easily. If they come off too easy, they will also flap down when not wanted.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About a year ago, the LMC visors were made by Acme which supplies a lot of other retailers. My son bought a set for a 98 and had no complaints with them.

I probably wouldn’t expect the color to exactly match the stock color - especially if the headliner is now faded a bit. Some companies will send free sample swatches so that you can better judge it and order the visors in the desired fabric. Stockinteriors.com is one that comes to mind.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
About a year ago, the LMC visors were made by Acme which supplies a lot of other retailers. My son bought a set for a 98 and had no complaints with them.

I probably wouldn’t expect the color to exactly match the stock color - especially if the headliner is now faded a bit. Some companies will send free sample swatches so that you can better judge it and order the visors in the desired fabric. Stockinteriors.com is one that comes to mind.
Yep, and Acme is who Rock sells for a few bucks more than LMC gets. It would probably come down to the difference in shipping cost and using a Rock discount code to make it a wash.

I figure my visors are really toast, and I've got to redo my headliner since it was missing from the truck and I scored a board with beat fabric from another truck. I'll get the visors first, then take one to the fabric store to hopefully match the headliner material to it.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Headliner shipping is not cheap. Depending on where they ship from and where you are.