Suburban rear shocks equal or unequal length?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to order some Summit rear shocks for my Suburban for when I finally install the hangers, but am not totally sure on what part numbers to order. Are Suburban rear shocks unequal length like the pickups or are they the same?

Yes, I'm too lazy to go measure.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Um this is the first that I have heard this can some one give me some input on this please!! An i'm guessing that this will still happen if using shock extenders correct?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah man, the driver's side shock is a different length than the passenger, and if you are lowered like 4-6 it really matter's, because even with extender's if you run both shock's the long length one will bottom out when you hit a bump and one won't, I have personally had this happen.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks but when ordering shocks from summit they should know this correct, be my luck I would get the one who has no clue lol!!

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is this on both 2wd and 4wd. When I replaced my shocks they only listed one part number so both are the same.