Suburban rear door adjustment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr mike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 92 suburban with barn doors
and they are out of alignment and I get some water coming in at the top of the doors when it rains
Does anybody know how to adjust them
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a little bit of play in the hinges but I don't think it's enough to make it be off this far

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Has it been in an accident or any other damage? Possible someone tried closing the door on something and bent the top frame of the door slightly. Hard to say without other pictures and a description. Hinge pins worn + high effort to open may have bent a rod operating a latch. Does the door latch properly?

anniemarie

Reaction score
and they are out of alignment and I get some water coming in at the top of the doors when it rains
Does anybody know how to adjust them

I have a little bit of play in the hinges but I don't think it's enough to make it be off this far
did you ever get it figured out? I have a 88 sub and i replaced the weather stripping and now the doors wont close and they are out of alignment

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm looking at your picture along the top of the two doors.

The left door isn't sealing too well along the top, it seems like the left door is slightly ajar... and with that thought in mind,

My left door won't close properly at the top latch and seat against the weatherstrip without a little extra "umph". Too, if my left door isn't closed completely, the right door won't close completely either.

Start by looking at your left door to see if it will close any more fully. That gap you've got should IMHO be closed.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Another thing about the barn doors closing properly: if your truck's cargo area mat( or on mine, the sheet of Masonite I have in the back so I can slide boxes in and out easier) has crept backwards, it gets into the door jamb and the doors will be hard to close. If it's far enough back, slamming won't even work.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at your picture and saw some other things that I thought odd.

Unfortunately I'm not near my own Suburban and I can't compare mine to yours :(

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the door on my tahoe-sorry but picture was taken from afar and is zoomed in. I don't have issues with leak because of it so I assume that's correct possition-posted for comparison. Mr mike-it does look like your right door is in very odd position. I don't think there is a way to adjust doors? You can move the latch at the bottom but that's about it. The hinges seem solid-non adjustable.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-02-23-04-26-21.png
    Capture+_2022-02-23-04-26-21.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6