stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Found an interesting one earlier. '99 two door Tahoe, with heated seats. But oddly, only the driver's side is power. The passenger side is lumbar and heat, but no power.
That's how my Burb is. LT package, leather seats including buckets up front, but only the driver's side is a power seat.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Just got my copy in the mail yesterday, haven't had time to look at it much yet but there's some cool looking builds in this one.
I like the black truck with the purple polka dots; not an easy paint design to mask but it looks great!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Nope....not even if I won the lottery. I'd just buy more old trucks and fix them, and finish fixing the ones I have.
Once these new vehicles are out of warranty, what is it gonna cost to replace all that electronic stuff like the digital dashboard and so forth? We've already seen how the variable valve timing and selective cylinder deactivation holds up....
My friend's '19 Suburban, 1500, 5.3, gets 21mpg in town...but he's already had to replace the transmission on it. He's put a lot of highway miles on it, often towing a loaded trailer. But that's what Suburbans are supposed to be made for....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope....not even if I won the lottery. I'd just buy more old trucks and fix them, and finish fixing the ones I have.
Once these new vehicles are out of warranty, what is it gonna cost to replace all that electronic stuff like the digital dashboard and so forth? We've already seen how the variable valve timing and selective cylinder deactivation holds up....
My friend's '19 Suburban, 1500, 5.3, gets 21mpg in town...but he's already had to replace the transmission on it. He's put a lot of highway miles on it, often towing a loaded trailer. But that's what Suburbans are supposed to be made for....
That’s why I was happy to unload my 2018 Z71 Silverado, transmission was acting funny occasionally. I knew others that had already blown up.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
That’s why I was happy to unload my 2018 Z71 Silverado, transmission was acting funny occasionally. I knew others that had already blown up.
My cousin was having major issues with his 2015 Silverado when we were living with him in late 2018-early 2019. And he's a municipal fleet mechanic who works on the last few generations of Chevy trucks because the city has lots of the police and fire department Tahoes...so he knew exactly what to look for when he picked this truck out in 2016.