stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The police spec Tahoe's are 4 doors with the Scottsdale/ WT trim and grille. Vinyl upholstery, very basic. Houston PD had some back in the day; I think @someotherguy has a picture or two of them. Neat looking trucks, bright blue with red and white graphics. The color is similar to the Blue Streak plastic color, like Grabber Blue on a vintage mustang.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Interesting that it has the regular 100mph cluster.
W/T 'Hoes are pretty rare though...only seen a couple of 2 door ones. Every once in a while I see a W/T Burb, those are not common either.
It appears to have been like a fire chief's ride, with the 4x4 version of the Z56 pack, but upgraded with cloth and power windows and locks. But still keeping the w/t grille. It's a very odd combo. And I friggin WANT it.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Found something I likely won’t be able to unsee. Kept looking for base Tahoe’s to find an example of the seats. Can’t remember where I found this Tahoe.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not even the usual sales booklet archive websites have it on there. Must be really rare then. Next time I’m out that way I’ll snap some pics of my truck and that interior.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Definitely not a southern or southwestern truck, with that untinted glass! Buddy of mine used to have a 98 or 99 2 door Scottsdale Tahoe, 2wd. My Burb's mini me, except for the grille and vinyl upholstery. There's a Silverado 2 door that's pewter and 2wd on one of my work routes across town, that really is its mini me right down to the wheels. I suspect it's owner or regular driver is out of town or otherwise out of commission, because it's been parked behind their fence and gate for several months now. If I had a bunch of cash laying around, I would stop and try to ask about it. I need another truck like I need a hole in my head, but it'd be so cool to have a 2 door that matches my Burb.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Found something I likely won’t be able to unsee. Kept looking for base Tahoe’s to find an example of the seats. Can’t remember where I found this Tahoe.

Not even the usual sales booklet archive websites have it on there. Must be really rare then. Next time I’m out that way I’ll snap some pics of my truck and that interior.
As far as the brochures, there's probably a "commercial and fleet" brochure that has these. I've seen a few of those from GM, Ford and Plymouth/Dodge, from the 50s and 60s. Rare pieces!

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Found one that has the funky seats, shame it's sold but I searched far and wide. And technically it did catch my eye :Big Laugh:
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=122&acctid=2496

Seats are what I was really after, and showing the very very very strange manual window, power lock door panels.
Door panels

Again I searched a lot, so I'm sorry for the awful example.
They are suprisingly comfy, the hunt club truck has a different console though. It's the same as the center console of the extended cab trucks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

That makes me feel tingly all over.
I'd do bad, b-a-d things to that. Just wreck it.
Molested to the max.
But, in a good way. Really!
I've seen a few of those with the non-tinted 1/4 glass. Couple of stockers & a custom.
Kinda iffy about it. I can appreciated the rarity. Probably makes for easier shoulder checks.
On the other hand...telephone booth!
(How come no-one ever saw Superman drop trou in one? That's like...beyond Houdini.)
A full length panoramic moon roof would equal aquarium-mode!
I'd hang a yellow submarine from the mirror.
A shark's tooth.

The mirrors on that one seem 'off'. Not quite right. Longer/narrower? Are the arms between the mirror body & door mount different?
I don't know. Could be the way the pic was taken?

A 2-door 2 wheel drive Tahoe has been on my wish list for years.
Stick-shift V8? They did make 'em. Never seen one. At least not in a 2 wheel drive. 4x4, sure. Mostly in the wreckers...and those were usually fully loaded. But...trashed.
Rare parts (More common in the Tahoes than others) = ('95+) tilt column for a stick shift, WITH cruise control!
Also an option in 2500/3500, but I've yet to find a good complete non-busted-up one.
Damn wrecker rats just can't appreciate what they're destroying when going for those ordinary average parts.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Rare parts (More common in the Tahoes than others) = ('95+) tilt column for a stick shift, WITH cruise control!
Also an option in 2500/3500, but I've yet to find a good complete non-busted-up one.
Damn wrecker rats just can't appreciate what they're destroying when going for those ordinary average parts.
The '96 C3500 dually I used as the major donor for my 3500HD project was manual trans, tilt, cruise.. surprising as otherwise it was nearly base model. Crank windows, vinyl floormat, "tweed" (or whatever you wanna call it) cloth bench..

Richard

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do I want a work trim Tahoe or do I want a quadrasteer Duraburb. Well I at least can find one of them!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255482197109
There was a Quadrasteer Duraburb that was sold locally to me recently; my buddy and I had a running tally of how many times we saw it. Hopefully it'll stay local.

There is 4 Quadtrasteer Suburbans and 2 Quadrasteer trucks running around my area; and boy howdy do I want one.