stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Those have the transverse torsion bar front suspension, which as long as the car isn't rusted out, is pretty solid. My grandmother drove her mother's 77 Volare off in a ditch once, and all it did to the car was slightly dent a hubcap. Still drove straight! That was a good car, except for the Carter 2 barrel carb. Those were notorious for being junk on the 318s. When the carb was cooperating, that car was pretty quick for an "old lady" car. I inherited it when she got a new car, but I never could get the carb sorted out. While I was trying to get it semi reliable, the dreaded rust issues those cars were known for started to present themselves. I was gonna salvage the running gear and front end for another project, and it was too far gone even for that. That's why you never see those anymore, but they kept Chrysler going long enough to get Iacocca and the minivans.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Mopar makes a car that's likeable until the day that you've gotta take it in for servicing.
Yup. Chrysler Pacifica station wagon,2004, hits all those marks. From the time when Ma Mopar was married to her rich efficient German husband, Mr Benz. So it's a Chrysler when you drive it, but a Mercedes when you have to get parts or work on it.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
This 77 Delta 88 is one of a few cars I've been eyeballing lately. It's been bagged.
You must be registered for see images attach

As well as this 87 Diplomat. W/ 318 and 727. The rear end is the variable on this one, if it's a 7.25" it's a no go for me.

And this 76 New Yorker with a 400

Just need to find the time to go look at them.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Supercharged111
I'm going to drive by this shop when they're open. And if it's a decent price, and it follows me home. I'm telling my fiancé it's your fault.

Insanely clean; no idea on the specs but I couldn't find a single thing wrong with this car

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I like the Diplomat. Looks like a plain wrapper with the cop wheels and hubcaps. The big Chrysler is cool to, but I remember those big blocks with Lean Burn in the mid 70s being unreliable and expensive to fix. Of course it's thirsty, it's got a whole lotta car to move!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
@Supercharged111
I'm going to drive by this shop when they're open. And if it's a decent price, and it follows me home. I'm telling my fiancé it's your fault.

Insanely clean; no idea on the specs but I couldn't find a single thing wrong with this car

Stick or auto? Or was the SS stick only?

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I like the Diplomat. Looks like a plain wrapper with the cop wheels and hubcaps. The big Chrysler is cool to, but I remember those big blocks with Lean Burn in the mid 70s being unreliable and expensive to fix. Of course it's thirsty, it's got a whole lotta car to move!
Aftermarket intake and a holley sniper would fix the lean burn crap. A little costly, but a great upgrade.
Although, I've always wanted a blown land yatch, so that's always an option.
Think this, but not as ugly

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Aftermarket intake and a holley sniper would fix the lean burn crap. A little costly, but a great upgrade.
Although, I've always wanted a blown land yatch, so that's always an option.
Think this, but not as ugly
Yup! I was a junior high school kid in the family parts store then, and remember hearing stories about those. Of course back then we didn't have as many good aftermarket parts like Snipers and lots of intakes for most applications.
That Olds would be a fun ride too! I know those box GM fullsize cars so that's why I would pick that one. But the Mopars are cool as well.