stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Please Sewlow, dont hold back, tell us how you really feel. lol!

What insurance do you have? I have Hagerty for my classics and I just enter in a value for how much I want the vehicle to be insured for and they do it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Hagerty for my classics and I just enter in a value for how much I want the vehicle to be insured for and they do it.
I have similar coverage from Farmers but, you have to keep in mind their "replacement clause"

Copied from the policy (see bold print)-
1. The definition of your insured car is changed to mean; only the vehicle described in the Declarations.
2. Use of your insured car will be principally for exhibition, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest and occasionally
for other purposes.
3. If Coverage is written for damage to your car under Part IV of the policy, the limit of our liability for such damage shall not exceed the
lesser of the following amounts:
a. The amount which it would cost to repair or replace damaged or stolen property with other of like kind and quality; or with new property less an adjustment for physical deterioration and/or depreciation.
b. $11,000 The Premium Determination Amount.
This amount is used to determine the premium. It will not set the value of the property for purposes of loss adjustment. It limits
our liability.
Caution: It is important that the Premium Determination Amount be kept up-to-date. It should be changed if the value of your
insured car changes. Please advise your Farmers Agent if there is any change in this amount.

SO, I have a folder with everything I bought and installed on my truck. HTH

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Saw this one in the last day on eBay. 115K miles and 2 owner. I hope I didn't spoil this for someone hoping to purchase it on the cheap. Def not my truck as I live in SE Georgia entirely on the opposite corner of the US. Looks to be a nice truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Please Sewlow, dont hold back, tell us how you really feel. lol!

What insurance do you have? I have Hagerty for my classics and I just enter in a value for how much I want the vehicle to be insured for and they do it.
We have ONE insurance Co. here.
Just one.
Only...one.
Singular.
The only show in town.
Government run monopoly.
Don't get me going. I'd be unfit to live with for the rest of the day.
My dog would be avoiding me until dinner time.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I want this car so badly: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275259211437?hash=item4016ba3ead:g:o7MAAOSwKUNiT52o

My parents used to own one of these when I was pretty young. I believe it was a 1985 with the burgundy exterior and interior, and a 350 Olds Diesel.

Deuce and a quarter! Our family car when my brother was born, was an '82 Buick LeSabre estate wagon, with the 307 Olds motor and the electronic quadra jet. Dad and I had a week's worth of fun rebuilding that one.... That was our first fully pewter car( Mom's 81 Monte Carlo was two tone, pewter and dark brown metallic). The Buick had cream gravy colored velour upholstery, thank God it was Scotch Garded, with a baby! Cause when the diaper needs changing, it doesn't care if you're somewhere it's convenient for that!

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want this car so badly: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275259211437?hash=item4016ba3ead:g:o7MAAOSwKUNiT52o

My parents used to own one of these when I was pretty young. I believe it was a 1985 with the burgundy exterior and interior, and a 350 Olds Diesel.

First car I ever drove unsupervised was an 85 Park Avenue. It was black with red leather. It belonged to a friend's dad. My friend took it out and got hammered, so I drove him home with him passed out in the back seat. This was about a year before I got my learners permit. I was just thinking the other day about that experience and how nice that car was.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes those Buicks were almost as nice inside as a Cadillac. We took our estate wagon on many road trips, all over Texas and several trips to Oklahoma. My brother was about a week old when we headed from Houston to Chickasaw, for a family reunion and the big swap meet in November. That is the car my mom, myself, my brother, and both of our grandmothers to New Orleans for the World's Fair in summer of '84. He was almost 2 and very fast to get away from you, so it took all of us to keep up with him. This was my senior trip; I had just graduated from high school that May.
That car was quite comfortable and had a good stereo too.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Buicks were against my fathers, brand loyalty? I can't understand why we never had one and chose to have a variety of Chrysler's. 1982 Chrysler New Yorker to be exact, basically a denial Lincoln Town Car in style.

In fact, this one looks almost exact to the one we had. Just add more miles, more memories, and with rear quarter damage (just add over 10 years).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125260013895