strongest ball joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckz71

Reaction score
I've just been doing a lot of research since I've got my truck abd i know from past experience that the ball joints take a good amount of abuse. I've searched and looked other places and haven't been able to locate a ball joint other than stock replacement. So my question is are there any bullet proof ball joints for our trucks or are we stuck with Farrar and moog type stock style replacements. Thanks in advance.

96 k1500

redneckz71

Reaction score
Also planning on doing a 6" lift in the fall if there are any kits i haven't found the utilize a diffrent ball joint or controll arms

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
moog are the best to use in my opinion,I would bet that is gonna be the most common answer your gonna get from others on here

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
x2 on Moog. There's a reason NASCAR uses Moog (slightly different parts for NASCAR of course, but still)

redneckz71

Reaction score
What kind of life are you guys getting out of the moogs? My rig as of now has seen at least 1day a week of pretty heavy off roading. I'd like to find something that's going to last even with heavy abuse

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
What kind of life are you guys getting out of the moogs? My rig as of now has seen at least 1day a week of pretty heavy off roading. I'd like to find something that's going to last even with heavy abuse
Keep them well greased and they should be fine. Also not cranking the torsion bars more than necessary will reduce stress on them.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moog or raybestos will be the best. They usually have a 3 year warranty. Some parts stores carry a cheaper brand for about half of the cost that has a 1 year warranty.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moog or raybestos will be the best. They usually have a 3 year warranty. Some parts stores carry a cheaper brand for about half of the cost that has a 1 year warranty.
Whatever you do don't get the Raybestos service grade ones. Does XRF make ball joints for these? If so those things are bullet proof.