STROKERS build thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That thing is going to be violently pleasurable to drive! Good work... I am looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Realistically how much would it cost to convert a 93 5.7L with a 5-speed over to a 5.3 or 6.0 after the cost of the engine? How difficult is the swap if you keep the 5 or go to a 6 speed?

my first question to you would be.. what all you wanting to do to the motor?

i got $4000 easy in the swap as of right now.. but i got alot of stuff done that if you just want a nice DD you wouldnt need to do.. the 6speed T56 swap you can bet on spending $2000 unless you can find a good trans cheap.. but just the trans can go for $1000+ easy...

year truck being a 93 is so easy that you could do it in a few day tops if you have all your ducks in a row.. lol

check out his guys build he did what your wanting to do and the same year truck.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-truck-conversions/37582-93-1500-w-5-3l-5-speed-swap.html

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
there is pics of it posted somewere. he also had diff shock mounts

look up totm voting dont remember the month but you will find a pic of his frame