STROKERS build thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I hate when that happens. Do all that work just for someone else with no respect for the time & effort to trash it! Some people's children, I tell ya! If you want it back enough, keep bugging him. He just may break down & sell it back.
Good to know that you're still lurking around here! How's the mower racing going?

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the guy got it from the person I sold it to an gave it to his son. They took it to the drag strip and blowed the trans up. Last I heard it was just setting in there back yard with the trans and rear end pulled plus they pulled all the inside out to make it a drag truck. All that hard work for nothing!!

The mower racing was going good but I sold it cuz I want to build a truck again lol.. I have been playing with my 99 GMC but its my DD so I can only go so far with it. I get on here from time to time to look at the New trucks popping up also to keep my spark going lol..

How's your ride coming along sewlow58?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I like the exhaust. That's how my exhaust currently is on my 98. Dual walled tips and everything.

I plan to do the exhaust like that on my 94 now and I plan to dump my 98 behind the rear axle.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i have long tube headers no cats with a 3" Y pipe the muffler is a magnaflow 3 in dual 2 1/2 out.. sounds good and dont drown in the cab..

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
March/'11, bought my '97.
May/'11, totally redesigned the rear suspension. Relocated upper shock mounts, partially boxed the frame. lowered 1" for a 4/7 drop.
Late June/'11, intake manifold gaskets died. (4.3) Fixed 'em, & flushed the engine 2X. Complete tune-up, inc. new distributer. Only because I haven't gathered all for the LS swap. Drove it 30 miles before the bottom end dropped! Parked it. PO'd & frustrated! Still getting LS stuff together while it sat.
Got busy with work. Truck sat in storage for a year(!!!)
June/'12, truck got hit while in storage, 2X!!! Dumbass kid ran his '65 T-bird down the length of the dr. 1/4, pulled ahead, & did it again! Truck HAD to get outa there. Brought it home. Got a free low mile 4.3 & 4L60e given to me. Took a weekend to re & re that. Did this only because I can't move a dead truck by myself at home. Got it all up & running only to find out that the flex plate is broken. (We did the engine/tranny swap as a unit.) Gonna fix that, soon, but I've been super busy with work.
Still gathering the LS parts when I get the time &/or $$$.
This winter...new box, finish boxing the frame, some rear spring mods, new interior, & I'm considering painting it myself, with some knowledgeable help. LS = Next spring?

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn boss that poor truck has been though hell lol.. I'm trying to find me a truck again to play with, think I'm going to bag one this go around.. mite do a stock LS swap later down the road after its bagged. I just want something I can cruse around it also keeps me from jacking with my black truck being its me DD..