Stock Rear Tint %

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what the stock tint % is on the rear tint of our trucks (I think it is 20%) and if anyone knows a good place to buy tint that would best match it (colorwise) I hate that **** that turns purple or has the weird grayness to it.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
35% is what I would say also. I went to a shop here in town that tint's and bought some from them.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
darker tint always looks better. i have 5% on side and back windows and 20% on front but should of went darker.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
darker tint always looks better. i have 5% on side and back windows and 20% on front but should of went darker.

I went 5% on my back windows. 35% on the side's. Tinting the side windows is frowned upon in Michigan.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ONLY use comercial tint!! Whether you buy it from a local tint shop or have it done at a tint shop. We've tinted hundreds and hundreds of windows and the comercial grade is the only thing we use as it is FAR superior to anything you buy in a store. I can get you part #'s if that would help you out! On my 94' I went with limo tint over the factory 20% tint on my back and rear side windows and that is about perfect. IIRC you are from MN so be carefull on how dark you go with the front side windows because legally your not supposed to have over 50% on ANY windows, although they are very leinent on the rear windows, however the front windows being to dark WILL get you pulled over!

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I'm actually from MN too. I had 35 on my fronts and got ticketed, then I went to 50 in the front and 5 in the back which is still technically illegal. I blew a radiator hose and some jackass state trooper pulls up behind me and instead of offering help starts to hassle me over my front window tint being too dark.. not the back! WTF so i tell this jackass its 50% and he continues to tell me that its not because the fronts are technically like 2.9% tint from the factory so its actually more like 47% in the front I wanted to smash his head through my window. Are you f*(kin serious your going to hassle me over 3% tint! Yet now it seems almost every cop in MN has 35 or darker up from in their squads BS! I understand for the k9 units to have this but not the other cops. Haha

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the very back window I have limo over the factory tint and on the side windows of the ext part of the truck they have the factory tint and the two window on the front doors are tinted to what Texas says it's legal.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I'm actually from MN too. I had 35 on my fronts and got ticketed, then I went to 50 in the front and 5 in the back which is still technically illegal. I blew a radiator hose and some jackass state trooper pulls up behind me and instead of offering help starts to hassle me over my front window tint being too dark.. not the back! WTF so i tell this jackass its 50% and he continues to tell me that its not because the fronts are technically like 2.9% tint from the factory so its actually more like 47% in the front I wanted to smash his head through my window. Are you f*(kin serious your going to hassle me over 3% tint! Yet now it seems almost every cop in MN has 35 or darker up from in their squads BS! I understand for the k9 units to have this but not the other cops. Haha

sounds like the trooper i had pull me over 3 times! (im from brainerd MN) i took him to court over it and got off the tickets. he got me for tint, exhaust, headlight covers, tinted license plate covers, tinted tails, and my led fire strip under my tail gate....he was a dick hole. hes the only cop to ever pull me over before