Old tint removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeJoe1993

Reaction score
My truck has had the same tint on the windows for over 20 years. It's peeling and discolored and needs to be removed. What is the best way to get it off? Most of the sticky stuff stays on when you try to remove it.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always used fresh razor blades and Windex. It turns the adhesive into runny snot you can simply wipe off. Really hardcore adhesive will need a bit more Windex.

Richard

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My after market tint job is 27yrs old now, still Primo. If I drove in the night summer at 2145, I will follow this post. Mees peepers are not the same anymore. All Good

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The doors in my truck were six different kinds of jacked. Two weekends in a row I tore down the doors, replaced weather stripping, door handles, latches, locks, and scraped the tint off the windows. If you have other door issues, it's the perfect time to sort them as well.

I laid each window down on a thick blanket and used a razor blade on a scraper handle and glass cleaner. It worked like a champ, and since the window was out I could get all of the tint off.