stock bumper modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The idea I had for backup lights was to mount some rectangle fog lights to the bottom of the bumper on both sides of the hitch where the bumper is flat, also I had lights mounted on my rollbar when I had it but didnt help much for backing up since they didnt shine over the bed but they were handy when pulling friends out of a mud hole and needing to hook up the chains

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
The idea I had for backup lights was to mount some rectangle fog lights to the bottom of the bumper on both sides of the hitch where the bumper is flat, also I had lights mounted on my rollbar when I had it but didnt help much for backing up since they didnt shine over the bed but they were handy when pulling friends out of a mud hole and needing to hook up the chains

thats kinda what I was thinking for lights.. mount them sideways right on the hitch though. or i'll build a back rack.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Yeah i'd have them on switches, I've thought about mounting a set ontop of my toolbox as well, dono how that would look though

I had two 6" rounds on top of my box in the past and loved the usefullness but hated the mickey mouse look.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I've seen the rectangle lights mounted on either side of the hitch before and that looks pretty good and seems like it would put out a lot of light

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I like the look of that. I would put the lights even with the bumper. That would look killer.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some cheap pilot brand rectangle lights mounted on both sides of my hitch under the bumper with a set of Piaa 100watt bulbs they work killer. I had 2 4in round Piaa lights but theses seem to do a better beam pattern for back up lights.

Last edited: