Steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im putting my stock steering wheel back into my truck. It had a billet wheel in it. I neec to remove this piece to put my stock one back on right
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the aftermarket wheel adapter. I've never had one but I'd guess you pull it with a steering wheel puller like you would the normal wheel.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Steering wheel puller is usually a 2 bolt setup, you'll want a regular pulley style puller so you can put all 3 bolts into it. Easy to borrow/rent one from the auto parts store if you don't own it.

Richard

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a steering wheel puller already. I just couldn’t remember if i needed to take that part off.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short i forgot to put the steering column cover back on and need to take my stock steering wheel back off. However the bolts dont fit the stock steering wheel like the did theaftermarket one. Does anyone know what size bolt/thread i need to screw into the steering wheel to pull it off?

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Long story short i forgot to put the steering column cover back on and need to take my stock steering wheel back off. However the bolts dont fit the stock steering wheel like the did theaftermarket one. Does anyone know what size bolt/thread i need to screw into the steering wheel to pull it off?

You can pull the wheel off by hands. Just pull really hard while wiggling it back and forth, cus a little, stop a couple times cuz your arms are sore, stop a couple more times cuz you're angry, pull some more, and then it'll come off.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll give it a shot. I’ve already tried to do that a little and yes cussed a lot but I guess I’ll just keep at it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Back in the day, GM wheel mounts were 5/16 " coarse thread, IIRC. That and 3/8" coarse thread are the bolts with my old Cal Van steering wheel puller. Had some 8mm bolts with it too but not sure what they're for.