Steering wheels idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
1979 eldorado wheel in my 1993

You must be registered for see images attach
The early models have much more availability on steering wheels that will fit. When they redid the columns for airbags, that was the end of that....
I've been on gmsb.com and the square body column is very similar to the early 400 one.
Several guys on there are running the GM "comfort grip" wheels like were on the Corvette, Camaro and Chevelle. Not cheap in a reproduction but if you look around a bit there's still some available used. Especially if you don't have to have a black one; they were also made in tan, red and a medium blue.
We used to have several of these wheels, and used them on most of our square body trucks and Burbs. That Eldorado wheel looks cool!

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The early models have much more availability on steering wheels that will fit. When they redid the columns for airbags, that was the end of that....
I've been on gmsb.com and the square body column is very similar to the early 400 one.
Several guys on there are running the GM "comfort grip" wheels like were on the Corvette, Camaro and Chevelle. Not cheap in a reproduction but if you look around a bit there's still some available used. Especially if you don't have to have a black one; they were also made in tan, red and a medium blue.
We used to have several of these wheels, and used them on most of our square body trucks and Burbs. That Eldorado wheel looks cool!
Thanks

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pros of this steering wheel
Unique styling
Big horn pad (could honk horn from the spokes)
Bragging rights of being an oddball using parts from a different marquise and model.
Luxury

Cons
Looks goofy a little bit
Some work to make it fit
Clashing color
Thinner than stock

But it is temporary until my stock steering wheel has been refurbished.

Also to show there are way of changing the look of your truck on the cheap.

Wander the yards, search eBay be creative.

In the words of Miss Frizzle: Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!

Also in the words of Red Green: If the women don't find you handsome at least they find you handy

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media