Steering slop, am I nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if my '96 has that. I guess I'll have to take a looksee.
I'm with sewlow concerning that POS. I'll just disconnect mine, if it has one.

I don't believe it came out till 97 , however I could be wrong........ I unplugged mine and was way overboosted and with a lift is not fun to drive. I swapped out my gearbox,PS pump and lines with a 96 and now its just fine..

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the EVO and hydro boost, I don't have the position sensor down on the column leading me to believe that this truck never had it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
On the EVO and hydro boost, I don't have the position sensor down on the column leading me to believe that this truck never had it.

I suppose it's possible, but isn't that the sensor that everyone replaces? I suppose you'd have the pigtail still in place, if it was simply removed.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be there somewhere in the dash harness but it definitely isn't in the harness that runs my glow plugs. Thinking about it, the 98 that I did in April didn't have anything plugged into the pump either. I wonder if diesels didn't get it?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I wonder if diesels didn't get it?

That could be the key, as that's a significant difference from most GMT-400's.

Edit:
Rockauto lists both the pressure switch and the position sensor for both the 454 and 6.5L...... but then again, I can usually find a listing for the heater hose bypass, and my truck doesn't have one of those.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be there somewhere in the dash harness but it definitely isn't in the harness that runs my glow plugs. Thinking about it, the 98 that I did in April didn't have anything plugged into the pump either. I wonder if diesels didn't get it?
Have you received the new box yet?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update. I've been busier than a blind Elton John fan in a sausage factory these last few weeks. I just swapped the replacement box today. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! I'm extremely happy. I need to get an alignment but it is amazing just how nice it drives now. I can't say enough about how redheads customer service took care of the problem. Once again, I'm extremely happy!