Steering play survey: How loose is yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Mine is beautiful, I drive a few GMT400s even working for Hyundai, usually gmt400s from used car lot and they are so sloppy, have NO throttle response and tires are worn all the way on one side and new tread on the other.

My truck has typical 90s steering gear box wear, has moog everything upfront, even the HD stab links

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Mine has about 2" of play, But I haven't found a Xj shaft yet and I know the pitman arm has some play. Hope to have those replaced over the next few months.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
This thread made me get off my lazy bum and get this cleaned, painted and installed. I also set the steering box preloaded and over center.

You must be registered for see images attach

Truck has much better steering once again. It still feels like it's on 35s but there is no way around that.

Sent from my TBI 454 powered android device.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Tyler - I'll check it out :)

I will say the steering in my XJ wasn't a heck of a lot better :p I do get eliminating the rag-joint. I was toying with the idea of just pumping a bunch of JB weld in there, lol!