St. Louis guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy66driver

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am saving up and looking to buy the best example of a gmt400 stepside that I can manage. Hoping for it to be a weekend driver and occasional work truck that will hit that fabled 300k mark on the odometer.
Figured this would be a good place to research and dream while I save!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not far from you, southern Illinois area.
When the time comes start looking in Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas etc. Southern trucks are usually much less rusty than what we have around here and parts north. I got mine from Little Rock.

Chevy66driver

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what platform is best to search? I've had luck on carsforsale.com. nice user interface and can search nationwide.
I feel like Craigslist is good for finding better deals, but I wish there were a nationwide search option!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Craigslist and FB. You can run all the way across the entire country on Craigslist if you know your geography. Searchtempest is helpful too.
I doubt you'll find anything on carsforsale, except restored ones selling at top dollar.