SRW to DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick94

Reaction score
Would it be possible to convert a light duty c2500 ( 6 lug) to c3500 dwd? Would the frame accept the components? I already have a donor for spindles rear axle and wheels.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would it be possible to convert a light duty c2500 ( 6 lug) to c3500 dwd? Would the frame accept the components? I already have a donor for spindles rear axle and wheels.
Yes and no. You can convert it to a dually, but it won't have the same load capacity the C3500 would. Your frame isn't the same, and your light duty transmission isn't up to the same job the C3500's trans is. You can (and should) swap the braking system over from the C3500 though including the hydroboost.

The C3500 forged upper control arms will bolt right in place on your 2500LD frame. No need to move the lowers unless you think the bushings and ball joints might be in better shape, as they're the same. Spindles, rotors, calipers, no biggie.

The 10.5" 14 bolt rear will move right over, same spring perch width. Springs will move over too if you want 'em. Pinion yoke will not match your existing driveshaft so you'll need a conversion joint.

That's the broad strokes.. obviously there will be minor details here and there.

Richard

Nick94

Reaction score
Yes and no. You can convert it to a dually, but it won't have the same load capacity the C3500 would. Your frame isn't the same, and your light duty transmission isn't up to the same job the C3500's trans is. You can (and should) swap the braking system over from the C3500 though including the hydroboost.

The C3500 forged upper control arms will bolt right in place on your 2500LD frame. No need to move the lowers unless you think the bushings and ball joints might be in better shape, as they're the same. Spindles, rotors, calipers, no biggie.

The 10.5" 14 bolt rear will move right over, same spring perch width. Springs will move over too if you want 'em. Pinion yoke will not match your existing driveshaft so you'll need a conversion joint.

That's the broad strokes.. obviously there will be minor details here and there.

Richard
Thank you Richard. I forgot to mention I am also converting to NV4500