8 LUG HUBS SRW/DRW, BRAND, STUDS, ETC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rock auto calls it a hub, every parts store worker Ive ever dealt with calls it a hub and everyone I’ve ever known or talked to calls it a hub.

And they list front hubs differently for SRW and DRW

So do you have any answers to any of the questions in the original post or no?
You must be registered for see images attach

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned one of my duallies into a srw I have replaced the hubs "wheel bearing assembly" but I changed everything to gmt800 including rear axle to 2002 14 bolt 10.5 ring 4:10 disk. I'm fairly certain the hubs are the same but I can find out tomorrow. I do know the drw rotor is thicker at 39.1mm vs 32.8mm diameter 317mm and offset 70mm are about the same maybe a mm or 2 difference. The calipers and pads are different at least on my trucks srw has a smaller piston, lighter weight and the banjo bolt is off centered. The drw larger piston more mass to it the banjo bolt is centered they both bolt up the same on the spindles.
I can get you more specifics tomorrow if you want, I'm always at local parts store with my tape measure and micrometer to find the differences.
Funny enough I just looked up the wheel bearing/hub assembly front on autozone site and 3/4, 1ton srw or drw all the same part number.
I bought 2 Detroit axle wheel bearings with the wheel speed sensors 10yr warranty for $120 both free shipping on eBay. Just make sure you mentioned you want a left and right speed sensor they sent me them both left speed sensors. There is a left and right 2 of the three brackets on the sensor are different on each side.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Why does Rockauto list hubs differently for dually or SRW?
I have a 94 so no big deal on the ABS sensors

Ok, I had to go see.... I think it's an ABS thing maybe and/or the studs that hold the extension on the DRW hub are not the same as what a SRW truck uses for lugs.... I didn't see a listing for studs to hold the extension on.

For my 99, they're all the same.... some specify plastic or metal ABS wire bracket. I use the metal, and I had to swap brackets when I got one with a plastic bracket (it wasn't specified).

I'm guessing that they're mostly the same for your truck too.... does your truck use the reluctor wheel on the CV shaft for the ABS? Mine does not, and I always have to pull that wheel of the new CV shaft. My ABS sensors bolt into the hubs, so they have a hole.

I have no idea, unless your looking up REAR "hubs" while you're talking about fronts that dont exist.

The fronts are unit bearing hubs... hubs for short. Our trucks don't use locking or "selectable" hubs like what Squarebodies used.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I had to go see.... I think it's an ABS thing maybe and/or the studs that hold the extension on the DRW hub are not the same as what a SRW truck uses for lugs.... I didn't see a listing for studs to hold the extension on.

For my 99, they're all the same.... some specify plastic or metal ABS wire bracket. I use the metal, and I had to swap brackets when I got one with a plastic bracket (it wasn't specified).

I'm guessing that they're mostly the same for your truck too.... does your truck use the reluctor wheel on the CV shaft for the ABS? Mine does not, and I always have to pull that wheel of the new CV shaft. My ABS sensors bolt into the hubs, so they have a hole.
I missed the question earlier but no it doesn’t have front ABS only rear wheel ABS
The fronts are unit bearing hubs... hubs for short. Our trucks don't use locking or "selectable" hubs like what Squarebodies used.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

#BoughtRims ~ #DoingIt *
Looks like Rawhide's slightly beefier brother!