Squeaky driver door window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every time it rains or my truck gets wet, the driver door window was a terrible squeal going up and down. It doesn't seem like the window tracks but instead the window sliding across the rubber piece along the top of the door panel.

Anyone else have this problem? I didn't want to put any silicone spray on it because it would smudge up my windows. Not sure the best way to get it to stop squeaking

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My driver door window too has a nasty squeak, although it isn't restricted to only wet weathers... I don't know what causes it, if I remember correctly, we greased the side rails when tampering with the inside door handle, but I might remember wrong, because if we did, it didn't fix the squeal... Mine doesn't touch the door panel nor the outside rubber, so I' m thinking it's either the lifter arms or the rails. Or both. Either way, it gets pretty annoying when the priorly fixed inside door handle suddenly stops working and you've been opening the door via the window for the last few months...

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The times I've fought squeaky windows on other vehicles, it's been either the pivot points wearing out, causing undue force in the wrong places, or the window seals going bad. Sometimes both.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every time it rains or my truck gets wet, the driver door window was a terrible squeal going up and down. It doesn't seem like the window tracks but instead the window sliding across the rubber piece along the top of the door panel.

Anyone else have this problem? I didn't want to put any silicone spray on it because it would smudge up my windows. Not sure the best way to get it to stop squeaking
Mine screams like a teapot going up or down, dry or wet, I just ignore it. I also ignored my crank pulley making a supercharger noise for like 16 months too, so maybe I'm not the best role model. I too have read about "window lube" but I can't see how that wouldn't leave a smear across the window.