Speedo not Speedoing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Totally trivial to swap odometers in GMT400 clusters. Keep your mileage accurate...don't be that guy.

Richard

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Damn, I was just up in Sacramento over the weekend. I could've picked up a cluster for you... If only I found this sooner.
I just want to keep my proper ODO mileage is all I'm saying. I've got just over 70k on the truck, and don't want to switch in a higher mileage ODO.
You'd be pretty hard pressed to find another truck with 70k or less miles on the odo. You could always swap in your odo in the JY cluster. http://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-t...cluster-swap-odometer-swap-step-motors.22821/

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just want to keep my proper ODO mileage is all I'm saying. I've got just over 70k on the truck, and don't want to switch in a higher mileage ODO.
Yeah, my point was in general, nobody should be that guy. Keeping the mileage correct is so easy that there's really no excuse for anyone to do anything less than honest with these trucks. I hope anybody that does, gets found out via carfax or whatever and nailed for it. Hate dishonest people especially when selling vehicles.

Before I found the 454SS cluster for my '94, I had around 160K miles or so and found a beautiful cluster that only had 30K on it; the orange on the needles was so nice, couldn't help but swap it in immediately. That is, after swapping my odometer into it. Later when I got my 454SS cluster that sob only had like 15K miles on it, of course my odometer went into it, as well. Not like anybody would believe that truck had so few miles on it, but still...

Richard

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going along that thread of don't be that guy. I have both of mine and the later 99 metric cluster has been adjusted to reflect the mileage on the 88 chassis.

A lot of people think like you do.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
My last 400 had the cluster swapped. I didn't even know until I put it up for sale on FB and the PO said he'd traded it in in the city where I worked and it had significantly higher mileage that what my odo showed.

GMT400Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm selling an Escalade cluster locally for $60.00. If you are interested I could see how much it would cost to package and ship.

You must be registered for see images attach

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
It's actually been working non stop for the last couple of months, or so, so I'm inclined to just wait for something to pop up locally. I'm assuming it would be another good chunk of change to ship that.

I'm selling an Escalade cluster locally for $60.00. If you are interested I could see how much it would cost to package and ship.

You must be registered for see images attach