1988 GMC Sierra C1500 - LS swap speedo help - Dakota Digital SGI-100BT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Birdman

Reaction score
I just finished the swap into my 1988 RCLB 88 Sierra. It is a 2000 Suburban with a T56 out of my 98 Trans Am. I can't seem to get my speedometer to work. I've tried using the settings I found on here but no go. All the rest of the gauges work and got my aftermarket tach to work, but speedo is dead. I verified that the sensor is feeding the ECM but trying to convert the signal to the gauge is being a pain. I'm using a Dakota Digital SGI-100BT but the instructions say nothing about converting a 4000ppm sensor signal to a 2000ppm signal to the gauge.

Can anyone help me out? I've got it set up with the ecm signal to the INPUT, ignition power and ground to the IGNITION+ and GROUND ports. The Purple/white ground to the SPD- and the yellow signal wire to the OUT1. I've tried different ways also but this is how it is sitting now because of something I saw on here. Can anyone help me out? I'd like to get my dash put back together, I'm going to get the exhaust done this week and then I can comfortably drive it.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would recommend going right to the source and calling Dakota Digital. What ECU are you using? I'm sure some aftermarket stuff can output either/both.