Speaker wire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a head unit, or external Amps, that are equipped with Low Pass & High Pass Filters. These allow you to set crossover points that will save your speakers. I have a 1993 Suburban and for stock speakers it uses 4x6's in the dash. 6.5's in the bottoms of the rear passenger doors and 4x10's in the ceiling just above the rear hatch. Nothing to write home about, right? LOL! I power the 4x6 and 4x10 speakers with the head units amp. The 6.5's are wired through a factory amp and I run an external amplifier for two 12 inch subs in the rear. My head is a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X501. It has both filters, a user-adjustable 13 band EQ, and it also has settings for the speaker sizes you are running. This set-up has worked very well in the 'Burb.

Big Mike my HU is a Alpine CDA 9857 so my son set the settings on it so now my stereo isn’t pushing no bass just mids and highs so the 6X9 and 4X6 speakers are being push by a JBL amp 60X4 my old Fosgste I had was making noise so I didn’t use it and my bass is being pushed by its own Fosgste amp I’m loving how it sounds now.

I’m a old fart he knows about setting up stereo stuff I just enjoy it.

Last edited:

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big Mike and guys I’m super happy with the 6X9 speakers they sound much better than 4X6 speakers and I’m not just saying it because I went with them they really do people that have heard them like them so I’m using the 6X9’s as mids and highs with the tweeters they have and my front 4X6’s I’m using them for highs and my sub takes care of the lows I’m going to put on the speaker grills as well.

You must be registered for see images attach