speaker question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Yea if you have the pre third door cab the modification to make the 6x9 fit is the best way to go. The right tools make it easier to modify. I posted pics on a thread a while back showing the process

I just started this process this morning. It's not too bad but def a little more than I expected LoL! I'm just using a dremel and it's going LoL! I have one in so far and hope to have the other in tomorrow morning before work.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea if you have the pre third door cab the modification to make the 6x9 fit is the best way to go. The right tools make it easier to modify. I posted pics on a thread a while back showing the process

I used a small hacksaw and a pair of pliers. I wasn't expecting to have to modify.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I used a screwdriver and chucked the rear speakers in the trash.....:rofl:

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I used an air hack saw. Worked really well. Just make sure you cover your seats or vacuum it all up

Oh man I bet that made it super easy LOL! I just finished up my other 6x9 on the passenger side this morning with the dremel. It was also a mess, I just had to break out the shop vac LOL! Man does it sound a million times better IMHO than the stock crappy ones. I Just have a Kenwood head unit with matching Kenwood speakers all around. I agree with southern_z71_92 I bought everything through crutchfield and they even had a sale on Kenwood stuff when I did. Basically if you buy a HU and 2 sets of speakers you get $50 off. Here is a list of what I got Kenwood KDC-HD455U CD Receiver , Kenwood KFC-1664S 6-1/2" 3-way Speakers , Kenwood KFC-G6930 6" x 9" 3-way Speakers. I chose these speakers because they weren't too expensive and they also did not need an amp other than whatever is in the HU. The whole package also came with everything needed to install, and it was only $184.96 delivered.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
There you go man! It always sounds a million times clearer with aftermarket speakers. I have my front speakers amped but the 6x9s aren't and it still screams lol