Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys I have a new update. Within the next 24 hours I will no longer have moldings on the truck. I will be de-molding it, and then plasti dipping my rocker panels from where the top of the molding is now - down.....Heading to pick some up! Wish me luck! I'll probably start the de molding process when I get back home so I'll update how bad it looks underneath and then of course the finish product with the plasti dip'd rockers!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driver side moldings are removed and is completely plasti-dipped but it got dark on me when I removed my tape and had it fully dried. I put the huge spotlight on it and it looks grey? Not sure if it's just the lighting or what. Every video I've seen it looks pretty darn black? I dunno whether to drive it somewhere with better lighting or what.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Daylight shot right as soon as I started on the driver's side. You can tell it has a bit of a grey tint.
You must be registered for see images attach

10 minutes ago the passenger: You'll see the grey look I'm talking about

Also I didn't use anything special for removing my molding except my thumbs. I have ahuge blister on my left thumb haha but luckily the adhesive tape wasn't too bad. I think since I had removed the original factory moldings and put these on years ago, it just didn't stick as good or something.

I'm going to finish this passenger side and then in a little bit drive somewhere where the lighting is better. I think something about the direct light at night gives it that grey look...I HOPE!!! I'll be ripping this **** off first thing if it looks grey in the daylight, sanding it down, and really painting it flat black.

Even if it doesn't come out all perfect I don't care. My moldings are off and that's all that matters to me. Couldn't stand those things. I'm sure within 6-12 months I'll be actually painting the rockers, but for now this seems to be working great.

I had a couple good sized paint chips under the molding and this does hide them a good bit but they are still noticeable upon close examination :nono:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeap I just took everything off it's done. People do say to take a razor blade to the tape but I wasn't sure of what technique they were talking about so I just gently removed it and it came away clean. I went down to the church where I got some light and the grey sort of went away not like before with that direct light. I won't know for sure until I see it tomorrow in the light, but here's some pics for now. I've been waiting a decade to be de-molded and the time has come.