Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hahaha yeah do it man there is NO harm so don't worry. The best thing is there is NO prep other than just cleaning the surface off real quick and sanding does nothing! It drys pretty quick and also another "pro tip" is if you do any taping...remove the taping before the stuff drys otherwise it will try to peel off with the taping!

Dirty on the clear, it will not actually make it glossier...It's just a clear for people that want some rubber protection without any color, unless you're talking about an actual rattle can paint clear and not the plasti dip clear.

I found a huge thread about plasti dip over on GMFS by Steve, and I'm learning alot!

Guys, I'm thinking my wheels are going black tomorrow except lug nuts and beadlocks :evillol: I just have to verify first that it will NOT do any harm to my aluminum alloy rims.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am talking about actual rattle can clear, not the plasti dip clear. I have seen the thread but never actually opened it and read it, may have to give it a look and see if there are any useful pictures.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man do it and lemme know I'd love to add some gloss...

I am about 99% sure my aluminum alloy wheels will be black tmrw except for the lug nuts and the bead lock bolts...I have it pictured in my head I need a PS, but either way I think I'm going to do it. I want to make sure it will be okay on my wheels but I'm pretty sure it will I've seen it done on a TON of stuff. That thread I supplied from GMFS it's like everyone has done it on SOMETHING on their truck.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Kind of hard because you didn't have any higher resolution pictures that I saw so this is what I could do.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy **** this is getting done. What do you think about it/??? Passing out now I'll have more pics up tomorrow along with my wheels done.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I just went through that WHOLE thread on GMFS. I am SO going to plasti dip every single piece of chrome i see next weekend LOL. Especially bumpers. Need a newer generation GMC grille, though! :nono: