So I'm on the fence about adding a lift to my 2 door hoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 2 door tahoe and I just picked up some 20x9 XD wheels with 305/55/20 Terras. THey are 33" high but Im getting the feeling based off their size that my original idea of cranking and adding 2" blocks is not going to be enough. The wheels have a -12mm offset which pushes them out about 2" further then the stock wheels. I really didnt want to get involved in a suspension lift due to cost and possible negative effects if gives in driving quality.

Im willing to bet that a 6" lift with 33s isnt going to look to good due to the amount of wheel well space so I was looking into the 4" lifts but something in my head keeps say "WHY".

I guess I just want the truck to drive and feel like it doest even have a lift on it. My hoe has the 4x4 on the floor so does anyone know if that posses a problem when lifting? How about the crossover tube for the ypipe? Superlift claims I will need to have a new one made up to clear the front driveshaft. I just bought a $300 stainless one last week! I am not taking it off.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
What about a body lift? Crank and a 2bl wouldn't be bad

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say buy a 6" rcx, and leave it cranked down, and not add a leaf. But from everything I have seen you will have to cut the y

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
RCX set at 4" on 305/70/r16s. Rode like a dream!
You must be registered for see images attach

Same wheel and tire setup cranked to six inches. Still rides good in my opinion
You must be registered for see images attach

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I'm running 305 50 20's on 20/ 8.5's....on a bone stock suspension, no crank either....minor rub on a hard turn....no big deals

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any suspension lift that doesnt require cutting up the exhaust?

As for body lifts.... Im not really a fan of them. I also assume that body lifts are cheap and cheesy ways of lifting trucks. Plus I didnt want to get involved with all the that has to be modded when the body lifts up

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score

As for body lifts.... Im not really a fan of them. I also assume that body lifts are cheap and cheesy ways of lifting trucks. Plus I didnt want to get involved with all the that has to be modded when the body lifts up

Only if you don't reinstall the driveshaft. The front diff drops down so the driveshaft angles down and the ypipe is right in the way. My local exhaust shop charged me $80 to fix it and weld on my muffler.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score

:lol: what? the fuel filler neck? and the steering shaft extender?

Body lifts are easy

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: what? the fuel filler neck? and the steering shaft extender?

Body lifts are easy

air intake assembly, radiator fan shroud, 4x4 lever, brake lines on master cylinder, shift linkage,ebrake linkage, steering column, rear tow hitch

Last edited: