Smoothie/Paint or Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hahah it's funny to me how the opinions differ ever so slightly, I love it. It's my opinion that chrome = good thing but chrome also is something that you only need so much of. Too much = no good. I like the complete body of a truck (bumper to bumper, including grille and all) colormatched but I like the SMALL details to be chrome such as the grille, bowtie, wheels, and other little things like maybe an emblem and exhaust tips.

Again though, not saying a chrome bumper looks bad but I think it contrasts so much better if you have painted bumper and grille with chrome billet insert and bowtie....Just my opinion though.

It just makes me laugh when going down the road and a newer dodge ford yota chevy whatever pulls up next to me and the guy has chrome wheels, chrome tail light covers, chrome rocker panels, chrome handle and bezel, chrome vent visors, chrome nerf bar steps, just every little cheap chrome autozone accessory he could gather up and he thinks it makes the truck look sooo much better LOL :nono: I think THAT is why chrome gets a bad wrap. Chrome is going out of style with alot of people because it's so heavily abused and obviously looks horrid. Chrome is great though when tastefully applied.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I like chrome chrome bumpers and grilles just depends on the color though. I also like suttle hints of chrome here and there as well. On most colors though colormatch everything ftw

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah it's funny to me how the opinions differ ever so slightly, I love it. It's my opinion that chrome = good thing but chrome also is something that you only need so much of. Too much = no good. I like the complete body of a truck (bumper to bumper, including grille and all) colormatched but I like the SMALL details to be chrome such as the grille, bowtie, wheels, and other little things like maybe an emblem and exhaust tips.

Again though, not saying a chrome bumper looks bad but I think it contrasts so much better if you have painted bumper and grille with chrome billet insert and bowtie....Just my opinion though.

It just makes me laugh when going down the road and a newer dodge ford yota chevy whatever pulls up next to me and the guy has chrome wheels, chrome tail light covers, chrome rocker panels, chrome handle and bezel, chrome vent visors, chrome nerf bar steps, just every little cheap chrome autozone accessory he could gather up and he thinks it makes the truck look sooo much better LOL :nono: I think THAT is why chrome gets a bad wrap. Chrome is going out of style with alot of people because it's so heavily abused and obviously looks horrid. Chrome is great though when tastefully applied.

Dude this is spot on, I am TDY to FT Knox right now and there are some ridiculous looking trucks down here. Today I saw what could have been a really sick burnt orange avalanche newer body style and it had chrome wheels chrome door handles chrome windshield guards etc you name it I think the dude even had a chrome liscense plate frame too I thought does this guy actually think this looks good? To each his own I guess

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks alot man, and we call it the "old man package" around here, they're a dime a dozen. These cheap little chrome accessory companies must make a killing.