Small Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to lift my truck, it’s a ‘99 K3500 CCLB. I’m thinking I’m only gonna do maybe 1.5-2”, and keep modest sized tires. I really don’t want much and almost feel silly doing such a small lift, but the newer trucks just sit so good factory and that’s how I want mine to sit...and look like a 4x4.

So I guess I’d like to see any of your guys trucks that have less then a 3”, and maybe know what you did and how it feels. I know torsion bar lifts can affect ride, but I’m assuming I’ll have to go that route. If I don’t like it, I won’t have much money in it and can always undo it.

Again, I’m just thinking a small lift with some tall skinny’s.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only things you'll need for this should be lift blocks and U-bolts for the rear. You can crank the factory torsion keys up 1.5-2" in the front with no major issues. As you already mentioned, your ride and front end component lifespan will suffer somewhat.

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking along the same lines for my K1500 Suburban. Sadly, still need it to commute downtown everyday to work but I would really appreciate more clearance for New England winters