slow power locks and drivers seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, my power locks lock and unlock very slow on my drivers door. Passengers side is fine. Also my drivers seat moves Hella show also. Any ideas on where to start?

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Came here for an answer too. Having the issue on driver's side only. Could it be something simple like a bad connection in the switches? Have you taken them apart to see if that's the case? Mine is having bed work done at the moment so I'm tackling this issue when I get it back.

Last edited:

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Its more likey a lubrication issue with the door locks and the seat. Spray some lube in the door latch and on the seat tracks and see if it makes a difference

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
odd thing about the locks though is when i use the drivers side its slow, but if i use the passenger side lock button its quick like normal

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have lubed up my dear and no change. Still at a loss on locks as week. They are lubed up too.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet. I still need to do that. But what I did notice is that with my power locks. If I use the passengers side button it works great. But drivers button not so much. I know another guy mentioned he has the same issue.

I will check out the grounds and see if that makes a difference.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a problem where my rear doors on my 99 suburban are very hard to lock or unlock manually and the power switches wont even move them.