Slip yoke to tri flange conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I recently picked up a CTSV transmission, it has the front shifter conversion which is what I wanted but it also has a tri-flange for the driveshaft hook up. That is not what I needed, so I'm looking at how to mount up the driveshaft. Maybe converting my driveshaft to a drive flange? Converting the transmission so I can put my oem driveshaft directly in or even an adapter.

What the back of tranny looks like....
You must be registered for see images attach

What I would like to be...

Maybe an adapter I could use?

Any help is appreciated.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i would think a slip yolk eliminator would be ideal but, thatd require a slip and stub in your driveshaft, regardless youll need some custom shfat work and custom machining, i use to have to solve those problems all the time at my old job.

look into it and see if you can get a splined output for that to use a slip yolk with

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would think a slip yolk eliminator would be ideal but, thatd require a slip and stub in your driveshaft, regardless youll need some custom shfat work and custom machining, i use to have to solve those problems all the time at my old job.

look into it and see if you can get a splined output for that to use a slip yolk with

That's sad to hear it's not a quick and easy fix, I guess I'll have to look into that. I may not jump into anything right now and maybe see if I would just be better off getting a whole new driveshaft if mine isn't the correct length even. Should've went with an fbody one but the price was super good and it had the front shift conversion.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
it doesnt look to be from what im seeing, you can try to weld a stud onto that flange. if a t56 output will swap in that could be your best bet, im not keen on t56 but i know a good deal about driveline components

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it doesnt look to be from what im seeing, you can try to weld a stud onto that flange. if a t56 output will swap in that could be your best bet, im not keen on t56 but i know a good deal about driveline components

Hmm, I think id rather get a new drive shaft made or find something like this. http://www.driveshaftshop.com/2012-...ange-and-hardware-included-1-thick-14mm-bolts

Do I have 1350 U-Joints?
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/1350-u-joint-flange-2-85-x-2-45-pattern-with-a-2-75-pilot

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youd have a 1310 i know in your truck, that adapter just gives you the option of another flange, can you swap to a viper or fbody rear output shaft yourself that may be an option? with all the adapters/ flanges and stuff your not looking at cheap there because then youll have to have a slip and stub in the middle of the shaft which isnt bad its just added cost.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
youd have a 1310 i know in your truck, that adapter just gives you the option of another flange, can you swap to a viper or fbody rear output shaft yourself that may be an option? with all the adapters/ flanges and stuff your not looking at cheap there because then youll have to have a slip and stub in the middle of the shaft which isnt bad its just added cost.

It could be quite the technical swap over, I'm going to go to a few local shops and ask what they think.... I'd like to keep it simple, but now another aspect comes into play. I know the Fbody is the same length as the 700R4 but I don't know about the CTSV one.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That type of flange is intended to be used with a guibo for an independent rear. You could probably have one custom made with a u-joint yoke at a driveshaft shop.