Slight clunk when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I make a sharp turn theres a slight clunk up front, I am thinking maybe control arm bushings or cv axle? Besides that no other issues, ball joints, center link, tie rod ends and pitman arm all new

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
my truck does that in 4wd. thats how i keep snapping cv's

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my truck does that in 4wd. thats how i keep snapping cv's

Hm, its done it for awhile now at first was coming out of my driveway but its a messed up incline so thought might have been it and now it does it here and there so gotta take a look and figure it out, any other ideas or its one of those?

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Hm, its done it for awhile now at first was coming out of my driveway but its a messed up incline so thought might have been it and now it does it here and there so gotta take a look and figure it out, any other ideas or its one of those?

get underneath and grab your CV shaft and wobble it back and forth (lol) and see if it as a ton of play in it. if it does then its probably blown. do you hear a rattle when driving down the road?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get underneath and grab your CV shaft and wobble it back and forth (lol) and see if it as a ton of play in it. if it does then its probably blown. do you hear a rattle when driving down the road?

Nope no rattle just this slight clunk, no issues or noises any other times, tires are wearing fine

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Checked it over last oil change and lubed it couldn't find anything

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Mine does it at full crank when in 4wd. I just don't turn full crank.

Thinking about it more now it was catching real bad before I changed the front diff fluid. Now it is not that noticable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ball joint? If they are bad they will shift when turned also, causing a clunk that changes the camber when turning. Mine does it