Sketchy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can click and see my current credit rating, but the three rating agencies are something of a crapshow when it comes to getting your annual report.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a similiar subject, I want to tell you guys to pay close attention to what ypur elderly parents are up to online.
A couple of months ago my Mom fell for a "smishing scam"
She was expecting some package from Amazon and recieved an Email with a very blurred picture of a box and claiming that she needed to send the US Post Office 3 dollars or it would not be delivered.
She sent her credit card number to some scammer on Bumble.com and signed herself up for a 250 dollar a month revolving charge.
The only reason that I caught this is because my Mom lives with us now.
When I took her breakfast that morning I could tell that she had been awake all night.
She was worried about that payment making it to the US Post Office.
Ding,Ding,Ding!!!! What??
Mom, why are you sending money to the post office?
2 hours of on hold and getting dropped and calling back in order to cancell that credit card and dispute the charges.
Which leaves me in a where I know that a new credit card is maybe going to show up at some point.
In a city where they steal mail trucks and mail boxes.
The other thing I think is really important is that nobody, nobody ever checks their credit report every year.
You really need check all three of your credit reports every year and correct the mistakes.
Do this before you try buy a house or a car or apply for any type of a loan.
In my case I used to live in the northern part of Scottsdale, Az on a road with a very long and somewhat hard to spell name.
Some of you Arizona guys might have the same story.
They really love long street names in AZ.
It was often abbreiviated or mis-spelled.
When I applied for a business loan it was kicked because I didnt have a stable address.
My credit showed me having about 30 addresses in two years.
Any human would look at it and realize that they were all mis-spellings of the same address.
To the software it looked like 30 moves in two tears.
If youve never checked it, I gaurantee you that your credit report will be chock full of mistakes and nonsense.
If you have gotten divorced at any time between this morning and the war of 1812 and you havent checked your credit report.
Do not be shocked when you find your name on a car loan or a mortgage or a credit card that you never had.
Dont be surprised when you find a joint account or insurance policy or credit line that you didnt even know about.
Thats the part that I think a lot of people miss when getting divorced.
When you leave, you are not thinking in a business, mercenary way.
It is just grief. Mourning the death of what you thought was the course and the path for both of your lives.
That future old people on the porch surrounded by family untill one day one of you dies and leaves the other one to live?
You aint thinking right, you probably aint thinking at all.
Thats when Allstate sends you a letter about cancelling your car insurance because because your wife tried to put the 19 year old apprentice electrician with a dui and a suspended license who was wiring your house on your car insurance thinking you wouldnt notice.
I noticed.
Thats why I am an Allstate customer for life.
LOL, I got a collection notice for a medical loan for some dental work she had done long after we were divorced. I guess she thought I was going to support her forever. lol In my mother's last year I took her info and signed her up for a Credit Karma account. Not entirely accurate but they do show cc balances, new credit etc. Turns out my daughter who was living with her was beating up one of her credit cards $20-45 two or 3 times a week through insta-cart. My grandaughter had ordered some clothes through Amazon. Sometimes it's those that are closest. Keep me signed in, and saved cc info can be dangerous.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, I got a collection notice for a medical loan for some dental work she had done long after we were divorced. I guess she thought I was going to support her forever. lol In my mother's last year I took her info and signed her up for a Credit Karma account. Not entirely accurate but they do show cc balances, new credit etc. Turns out my daughter who was living with her was beating up one of her credit cards $20-45 two or 3 times a week through insta-cart. My grandaughter had ordered some clothes through Amazon. Sometimes it's those that are closest. Keep me signed in, and saved cc info can be dangerous.
One of my Exes families got together when grandpa died and buried him in the backyard and collected his retirement and social security for several years and then they sold the friggen house!
They think it wont be a problem because nobody will ever put in a swimming pool at this place.
She bought girl scout cookies with a bad check.
She ripped off the paperboy with a bad check
I have to keep tabs on her and her family for the rest of my life.
Because we were married.
She has all of my info.
As of yesterday, she has used 42 different names.
She ratted her own father out and he got 6 years in prison for a multi million dollar ponzi scheme.
He is 76 years old.
She just burned husband number 3 who was the kid who was wiring my house when she groomed him
Hes 15 years younger than her.
That dope did 20 years. Now hes posting on suicide forums.
Jeez its gross and vile.
Ha! dont know folks, Im starting to think that maybe possibly there is a chance she really didnt love me.

Yes, I did reach out to the stupid ****** and try to tell him how he got ****** but that is only because nobody else in this shitshow appears to have any heart or soul.
The days where I wanted to stab this kid in the eyeball are long gone.
He lived twenty years of my hell for me.
I think Im gonna send this back door ******* something nice from maybe Peppridge Farms.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha - While I'm not gonna go into detail, you guys are making me feel better about my messed up blood relatives.

People are always saying "Family is everything". Those ******* had better buy some toys that they like, cause they are leaning on a wobbly shelf!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow!!! They do say, truth is stranger than fiction.....
Yep. The problem is that crazy is a whole lot of fun.
Right up untill they go crazy on you.
Which will happen eventually.
They will cross a line that is so immoral and gross, that if you have any soul or dignity left after being with them.
You will wake up one day and find yourself to be just as gross and disgusting and vile as they are.
It may sound like a cliche, but you can find yourself in a mind **** where you need to choose between good and evil. And decide who you are going to be for the rest of your life.
But you need to vanish. You need to cut them off and disappear.
Disordered people might just come after you to make themselves feel superior.
Mine has for sure.
How dare you leave without my permission!
This has been 20 years of stupid fuckery and about 30 grand to the lawyers.
So lets flip my whole deal and imagine if I was a woman.
Or a woman who had a psycopaths kids.
What resource does she have to keep the crazy ****** away from her and her kids?
A restraining order. Maybe.
A restraining order is just a piece of paper found soaked in a womans blood.
You wanna raise some tough kids?
Have them take turns posting up on the front porch with a ******* pellet gun in case dear old dad shows up while your three job Mom is trying to get some sleep.
It was so bizarre, somehow Dad thought that we would be impressed by his attacks on our Mom.
What he did was destroy any respect we had for him.
Us little kids figured out that he was weak as **** but we were strong.
He died from diabetis about 12 years ago after having both of his legs amputated and on his way out the **** burned everything we ever had when we were kids.
He stole that **** first years ago.
My cub scout pinewood trophy, all of our pictures. My Eagle Scout Award.
My Sea Scout Fleet Boatswains uniform.
My first guitar.
My second guitar.
All of the photos I had from my first two charter boats I ran on my own.
Evertyhing.
Burned it.
But he had no choice, when we were little kids we forced him into it.
He had to abandon us becuase whaahh wahhaah what the **** ever.
He died a big fat legless weak **** whos kids spent thier youth wanting to shoot the **** with a pellet gun.
An awesome engine builder, an amazing hydroplane racer. Incredibly talented.
And weak as ****.
When your oldest son is sitting on the front porch with a pellet gun wearing hand me down trucker uniforms that your soon to be ex wife spent all day picking the north american van lines embroidery out so he can go to school.
You dumb ******.
You burned all of our stuff thinking it was a last little **** you to your own kids.
A little weak cry for attention.
My young life was full of defensive hatred .
My old man life finds it so horrible and tragic that my father couldnt see his way through what happened to him as a kid
and be a part of our family.
He was a real ******.
He financed my Soling when we tried to qualify for the olympics.
Dad would get up at the crack of dawn and hitch up whatever we were running at the time.
Dragster, 7 litre hydro, 42 foot offshore boat.
Whatever we had laying around.
Just so we could be the cool kids.
We didnt pimp walk into school because we thought we were badasses.
We pimp walked into school because we had hand made plywood in our shoes to keep the rocks out.
Thats my fifty six year mac n cheese potato pancake vinegar bean cheap hot dog homemade fudge chipped tooth nitrios 215 buick 392 426 hemi 427 chev can am meth injected
Mom made tacos burned the motorhome to the ground brother slept outside and misquotos ate his face and he went to the hospital and now he is afraid of boats story.

Reaction score
On a similiar subject, I want to tell you guys to pay close attention to what ypur elderly parents are up to online.
A couple of months ago my Mom fell for a "smishing scam"
She was expecting some package from Amazon and recieved an Email with a very blurred picture of a box and claiming that she needed to send the US Post Office 3 dollars or it would not be delivered.
She sent her credit card number to some scammer on Bumble.com and signed herself up for a 250 dollar a month revolving charge.
The only reason that I caught this is because my Mom lives with us now.
When I took her breakfast that morning I could tell that she had been awake all night.
She was worried about that payment making it to the US Post Office.
Ding,Ding,Ding!!!! What??
Mom, why are you sending money to the post office?
2 hours of on hold and getting dropped and calling back in order to cancell that credit card and dispute the charges.
Which leaves me in a where I know that a new credit card is maybe going to show up at some point.
In a city where they steal mail trucks and mail boxes.
The other thing I think is really important is that nobody, nobody ever checks their credit report every year.
You really need check all three of your credit reports every year and correct the mistakes.
Do this before you try buy a house or a car or apply for any type of a loan.
In my case I used to live in the northern part of Scottsdale, Az on a road with a very long and somewhat hard to spell name.
Some of you Arizona guys might have the same story.
They really love long street names in AZ.
It was often abbreiviated or mis-spelled.
When I applied for a business loan it was kicked because I didnt have a stable address.
My credit showed me having about 30 addresses in two years.
Any human would look at it and realize that they were all mis-spellings of the same address.
To the software it looked like 30 moves in two tears.
If youve never checked it, I gaurantee you that your credit report will be chock full of mistakes and nonsense.
If you have gotten divorced at any time between this morning and the war of 1812 and you havent checked your credit report.
Do not be shocked when you find your name on a car loan or a mortgage or a credit card that you never had.
Dont be surprised when you find a joint account or insurance policy or credit line that you didnt even know about.
Thats the part that I think a lot of people miss when getting divorced.
When you leave, you are not thinking in a business, mercenary way.
It is just grief. Mourning the death of what you thought was the course and the path for both of your lives.
That future old people on the porch surrounded by family untill one day one of you dies and leaves the other one to live?
You aint thinking right, you probably aint thinking at all.
Thats when Allstate sends you a letter about cancelling your car insurance because because your wife tried to put the 19 year old apprentice electrician with a dui and a suspended license who was wiring your house on your car insurance thinking you wouldnt notice.
I noticed.
Thats why I am an Allstate customer for life.
This was a roller coaster from start to finish, I laughed objectively, not at you, at the end. By far the advice I wished I had gotten 8 years ago and with the same delivery. This is just what I needed my man. Thank you. For finally giving advice that resonates. I use state farm. Only because of their catchy jingle "like a good neighbor, stay over there"