Sitting here with 0411 in hand, trying to figure out what else to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
The truck/engine in question.

Pretty sure I'm pulling the trigger on a Banks Powerpack in the next couple days, as the original 18 y/o exhaust with 251,### miles is about done. There have been some improvements in the fuel system (trying to sus the details), truck is pretty stock otherwise. I am contemplating the HT 502/Mercruiser cam as it's cheap, readily available, decent specs, and I've experienced it in a TBI 454.

The reason I say I am trying to figure out what to do, truck is a daily driver, runs great except for old exhaust, and it can't be down for anything longer than a weekend.

Things I want to do:
Cam
Distributorless ignition
E-fans

Just trying to figure out the order, necessity, etc... Part of me says send 0411 in now and have tuned for stock config, drive happy, knowing that with EFILive I can adjust for the rest of it in the future. The other part of me is browsing the forums drooling over those other upgrades.