Camper Top Combatability between GMT 400 vs 800?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Heavy doubt. Don't have my GMT400 here at the moment to compare but I'd bet the GMT800 bed is "bigger" - not that the cargo floor size is any different, but the body styling is larger.

Richard

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The GMT800 topper is about half an inch wider on each side, doable but doesn't look great. Played around with the topper my dad acquired for his 2003 Duramax, loved the look, hell even the paint matched almost perfectly but it fit like crap.
You must be registered for see images attach

Spent some time cruising craiglist and found one for an OBS, ran it for a little while and sold it. Managed to find another for free, just needed a little work.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's degrees of "do it fit" and "do I care" - clearly this fella did not care, at that price point!

What's crazy is I posted these pics on FB, and later that day a buddy of mine saw the same truck across town, took a pic as well:

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There's degrees of "do it fit" and "do I care" - clearly this fella did not care, at that price point!

What's crazy is I posted these pics on FB, and later that day a buddy of mine saw the same truck across town, took a pic as well:

Richard
And of course since y'all are in Houston, there's a 'Lac rollin' Swangers....gots a Conti kit too!
Yes I worked in the 'hood for a few years, don't live too far from it now. Used to go through the edge of Third Ward and OST twice a week for work....

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Yes I worked in the 'hood for a few years, don't live too far from it now. Used to go through the edge of Third Ward and OST twice a week for work....
no judgement where I live was not good when we moved in it got cleaned up a bit now it is turning back to bad again the things I could list of but wont

Jnnelsen

Reaction score
I don't have a picture.....
The cab angle is the only issue I had. The topper is about 1/2" from the back of the cab. I have aftermarket bed rail caps and 1/4" topper seal, all helped the clearance. The width was not an issue on my truck, the topper is a LEAR.
Put 'er on, see how it looks!