'88 RCLB C3500 "Roscoe P. Coltrane"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you a 500" Cadillac powered Jaguar XJ6 if you're interested in helping clean some projects out. $2000, and it only needs some finishing. For $3000 I'll throw in a set of Corvette Grand Sport wheels, a spare 472, and I'll answer the phone when you have questions.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll sell you a 500" Cadillac powered Jaguar XJ6 if you're interested in helping clean some projects out. $2000, and it only needs some finishing. For $3000 I'll throw in a set of Corvette Grand Sport wheels, a spare 472, and I'll answer the phone when you have questions.

I'm about to move 3 trucks, an SUV, 3 cars, a camper, 2 trailers, a ton of car parts, and all our household goods halfway across the country. Can't add to the junk pile until I get where I'm going.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put new front bumper brackets on Roscoe this weekend and went to bolt the bumper on. With the new brackets I was able to get five of the eight bolts in, but the driver's side bolts aren't even close. The bumper's not perfectly straight, so the far passenger side top bolt doesn't want to go in, but I can probably tweak the bumper straight to get it in.

The driver's side bolts have me concerned. The truck was hit on that side, and I don't have a new fender yet. The frame doesn't show any signs of damage, but I haven't cross-measured it. I'm thinking the left frame horn may be pushed back a bit. Not that it'll stop me, it'll just be janky until I can get the frame horn pulled back straight.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting a replacement fender and door this weekend. If they bolt on and fit nice and it just needs a little wallering, then it'll get done. I'm afraid I might have to wrap a chain and come-along to the maple tree so I can pull the frame horn a bit, and the logistics of that is hard since there's no drivetrain. If it comes to it, that'll wait until I have the drivetrain sorted, but it would be nice to have the bodywork done before I go that far.

Keep in mind that the driver's side of the core support bolts into the bracket that supports the outer end of the bumper, and that's new and not welded in place yet. The fender also attaches to the core support. Currently the fender is into the door a bit. The fender, being set back a bit, might be pulling everything out of alignment. There's a small chance that all the fitment issues disappear when I put a straight fender on it.

I talked with Sean yesterday and he said he never wrecked the truck, but it might have happened when he pushed it to its place in the pasture. He claims he was young and dumb (just like all of us that age) and abused "drove" the truck pretty hard back in the day.