Side mirror adjustments?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I replaced my "dumbo" side mirrors with the black plastics from a 95-98 model. Dumbo's never shook but these new ones are terrible on the highway or really anytime I'm over 40 MPH. The driver side is worse than the passenger so I'm hoping that the mirror has an adjustment of some sort. Anyone had an issue with this?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The bolts that hold those mirrors on are a PITA, as you probably know. I'd check to see if those are tight. I've changed the mirrors on my '98 a couple of times. Only time that they shook was when I didn't get that front nut tight.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Your talking about the nut inside the door panel?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yes. The front one of the three.
I just checked the extra pair that I have. Did you get the rubber gasket that goes between the door & the mirror, when you got the mirrors?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Gasket is in place. I will take the panel off and check the nuts. Seems to just be the glass though.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
The mirror glass pops out. You can use a piece of stick on foam on the back side between the clips and it will reduce the vibration. I like my dumbo mirrors.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
How does the glass "pop" out? I dont want to break it. I like the durability of the dumbo's but not the appearance.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I have been wondering about this too but for the 454ss mirrors. I picked up a set at the junkyard and the glass is a little loose and I have been wondering if there was a way to tighten it up. I hate the jiggly looking mirror while driving.