Sick of this storage box Laying around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Canada would kill it in shipping. I been trying to find one down here, they are either all trashed or missing

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can go his route too. I may be making a trip next week. I'll keep an eye out for a few

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What would you want for a good one with all the hardware? I am detailing my engine compartment so the plastic has got to look pretty nice. Any metal brackets i can sandblast and repaint.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
There shouldnt be any brackets involved. What year is the truck.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ita a 1994 C1500. It looks like from the ones i have seen that they bolt in where a diesel battery tray would attach on the drivers side.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
That is correct. They have a molded in bolt on the bottom that goes through the inner fender and a nut screws on to it from the tire area. They have two plastic tabs that sit in two openings on a bracket and one bolt attaches the box to the fender which uses a clip nut I always ship it cleaned up and with hardware.

You have an evaporator canister that needs to be relocated but that's easy. Two ten mm bolts hold that on and you can pretty much put it anywhere. Even bolt it to the storage box itself lol.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep the charcoal canister i moved already. I made adaptor brackets that attach that to my electric radiator fan. (Flexalite black magic) i installed about 19 years ago, since i have a diesel battery tray currently installed there. I was going to mount an onboard air compressor to this batt tray, but eventually seemed like overkill, tray is there unmodified. Will prob clean it up sandblast and paint it and resell it on this site

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I will keep an eye out. This part time job has been full time last week and I'm going in monday. I'm a new guy and have only been driving for a week but they've already got me training new drivers lol.

The battery tray might have to come out but I'm not sure. I'll take some pics of whatever truck I pull one from as well as looking at what it'll take to fit one to a pre-95

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guessing its probably a bolt in, with batt tray removal. Whats your price on one of these in good showable condition? PM me with the details.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I usually ask $30 plus shipping with hardware and cleaned. Ifirst the box is disgusting and I have to power wash it or you want it armor-all'd or shiny I ask more.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It doesnt need to be all cleaned. Just needs to be in good physical shape with all the hardware and clip nuts and such. I can clean it up and spitshine it myself. I actually like cleaning, repainting etc.

Just dont want anything where all the plastic is beat up or gouged up on the outside.

Btw since this is going on a 1994 GMT which this was never available this year, i was digging around on ebay. There is a metal bracket/adaptor that holds the inner corner of the box. This attaches to the radiator support and inner fender where a battery box would attach it aslso has an adaptor on it for mounting the charcoal canister. This bracket setup would also be needed to put the storage box in my truck. I double checked on LMC truck website looking at the exploded view drawing they had. It also shows this metal bracket.

Last edited: