Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got some pix!
You must be registered for see images attach

there ya are

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to bring it back to the alignment shop to have the tie rod adjuster bolts turned out of the way of the lower control arm bump stop. Im going to replace the tall bump stops with some shorter ones, then if that doesnt work I will most likely just trim the perch for the bump stop. have any of you guys ran into this problem?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I am missing something here, on a 2wd the original bumpstop is on the rear of the control arm, not the tie rod side at all, maybe post up a pic.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK nevermind I was thinking you were running stock arm's, I have never run any bumpstop's in the front at all, when I lower the front I take them out, and I've never bottomed one out.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK nevermind I was thinking you were running stock arm's, I have never run any bumpstop's in the front at all, when I lower the front I take them out, and I've never bottomed one out.

yeah that doesnt sound like a horrible idea. Its pretty nice, I haven't bottomed out yet, Ive dragged mud flap a couple times which I find hilarious.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We'll I replaced the 2 inch bumps with 3/4 inch bumps and seem to have solved the problem, also painted the area behind and below the tailgate satin black, looks good with my light pics to come

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you 95ukawn.

what do you guys do about the almost 200lbs of fuel on the drivers side making the truck all crooked? right now im rockin 200lbs of sand on the passenger side...