Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, it's nice that everything is already colour matched. Any ideas on what rims you want to run?

yeah factory color matched at that! Im gonna run the stock set of steel sport rims (454ss rims) (I have the set of them that came on the truck from the factory but in the picture I have my winter wheels on)

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The REs have the longest and best rep of the two, but the SSs will give another inch of lift and are the same size.. I have the SSs and love em so far, they admitted to me the SSs did have some leak issues with the first line that came out.. Which did give em a pretty bad rep.. But they are suppose to be allot better now, and they guarantee em. Idunno if you've done much research on either, but they ride stiff enough that you dont "have" to run a sway bar nor shocks up front :) Slams for the front would be a best bet.. As for the rear they are (to some) too stiff.. but i ran shocks with em out back and they ride really good. Just kinda stiff if fully aired up. Sorry for the long post.. Just some opinion :) Cant wait to see some of your plans unfold! :rocking:

well the bags are a winter project and im only planning on doing the fronts at that time... I looked at the ss and like the idea of more lift... when im at work tomorrow im gonna see what kinda discount I can get... im kinda weird that I want to lift and lower slowly with the bags... I dont want to hop or pop or any of that... ive been told 1/4" is what I should be lookin for, does that sound right? if not whats the best way to achieve a smooth lift?

I wanna take some pictures of my truck for a "before" picture so hopefully I can get home tomorrow before the sun goes down, work has been really busy so theres no guarantee

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you would like the speed of 3/8 valve's, use some elbow's like one at the bag and one one the valve, and your speed will be very controlable.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
^ I agree. Go with 3/8" stuff. I had 1/2" stuff and its harder to control when trying to adjust a little at a time.
I ended up slowing down my 1/2" stuff.

Truck looks like a good start!

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finally got my last shock today! I now am ready to do this! I was planning on Saturday but the weather isnt cooperating... 17degrees and snow

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need I say anything?

Attachments

• DSC_0409.jpg
    DSC_0409.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 117