Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is like the perfect engine bay. Absolutely nothing in there suggests that it isn’t factory. :patriot:

(Where did you get the hood insulation btw? :Whoa:)

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is like the perfect engine bay. Absolutely nothing in there suggests that it isn’t factory. :patriot:

(Where did you get the hood insulation btw? :Whoa:)
Thanks! thats exactly what I was going for.

The insulation is from R.E.M. Automotive Inc. I purchased it through eBay. Its not molded like the stock unit but its the same footprint and has all the factory cuts and holes. My stock piece was getting rough and about half the push pins were busted or missing. The replacement came with new push pins.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! thats exactly what I was going for.

The insulation is from R.E.M. Automotive Inc. I purchased it through eBay. Its not molded like the stock unit but its the same footprint and has all the factory cuts and holes. My stock piece was getting rough and about half the push pins were busted or missing. The replacement came with new push pins.
Heck yea! Thanks. Mine was minty factory fresh when I bought my truck, but the first engine swap, the hood got leaned against the shed and the dogs chewed it up. :badidea:

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been busy doing some early winter projects before the weather gets too bad. When I originally swapped the truck I reused as much of the OEM rv chassis 3" exhaust as I could including the stock manifolds, both cats, and I ran a pair of stock style mufflers. I was able to get a 3" tube over the rear axle and it exited out the rear of the truck. I decided it was now time to redo the exhaust so I put stainless headers on the truck and built an entire exhaust system from a stainless steel mandrel bend kit. I ran dual 2.5" into a 2.5" 2inlet x 2outlet stainless muffler and ran dumps in front of the rear axle. I enjoyed getting some time to TIG weld and I think it turned out alright. I have gotten into the practice of using v-bands for any exhaust work that I do so I did the same here, it really makes for a serviceable exhaust. I did eliminate the cats and rear O2 sensors on the new exhaust. I also welded in another O2 bung on the drivers side for a wideband in the future. The best picture I have of the exhaust is while I was tacking in the hangers rest assured that I went back and fully welded the hangers and installed brand new stainless hardware. I also went back and tied up the wiring a little better.

You must be registered for see images attach

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just realized there was no wheel update picture either. They are American Racing VN510s 18x8s in the front and 18x10s in the rear. BFGs in the front and Mickey Thompson Street ET S/S rears.