Short Driver in a tall truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for suggestion/ advice for a slight issue...

I bought a 1993 K1500 Blazer for the wife as a daily driver with the intent to lower it slightly... turns out it's lifted a bit already and the wife is REALLY digging how tall it is. The issue is she's 5 foot nuthin'.

Do any of you have any ideas for a driver side grab bar? The passenger side one would work fine, not sure how I could mount one though.

Thanks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've seen some trucks where the owner has taken another grab handle from the 'A' pillar on the passenger side of a donor truck & mounted it to the driver's side. It's not a perfect fit, as the passenger side 'A' pillar moulding has been specifically molded for that handle. But, it does work, & if you're O.K. with how that will look, why not? One thing though, that handle has a bracket welded to the 'A' pillar underneath the plastic cover, with nuts welded to it for the handle to bolt to. You'd have to drill out the spot welds on the pillar to get that bracket. I wouldn't use the handle without the bracket, 'cause it won't take any pulling force if it's just screwed to the plastic.
I actually have one of those passenger side 'A' pillar handles, if you're interested. Pay the shipping & it's your's. You'd have to get the bracket, though.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Pull out ladder on the floor board? :rofl:

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HA! Driver is a keeper... over 17 years together and going strong. :mexsmoke:

I'm planning on a pair of the DeeZee tiny nerf bars (or possibly something better of similar size) since I plan to have the 3" dual exhaust exit in front of the rear wheels. I've been looking around for exterior solutions too (without resorting to the typical Grandpa handles!) and like these.

Other than that, I'm thinking of adding a second shoulder belt bracket to the existing driver side mount and making a hand strap / loop out of seat belt material.

For reference, here is the Blazer as I bought it a couple weeks ago
You must be registered for see images attach

There is a gap between the frame and body somewhere between 2" and 3" and it is getting a set of Falken WildPeak A/T @ 285/75r16 in the next couple weeks.