Setting the distributor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've actually never had it diagnosed. I bought a Foxwell NT614 Elite but never got a chance to use it. I sold it because I couldn't find a 16 - 12 pin adapter that actually worked. But the light has never come on when it was just sitting at idle. That was the only time it's ever happened. I would've sworn it had something to do with that O² sensor and no catalytic converter with the exhaust dumped right before the bed. But I put a brand new sensor in it around 4 yesterday and have driven it a little over 30 miles today without seeing the light at all.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, the jumper in the top right 2 plugs. But that ECM was reset yesterday when I got the O² sensor in since I had been fighting to get the old one out for over a week and it was completely useless with a melted plug. These are the types of things the previous owner did everywhere that i've been trying to correct for 10 months, lol. Apparently it was soldered in place before I bought it. Will the codes still be stored after the reset?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was the PCM (Powertrain Control Module since the 92+ had trans control too instead of the ECM which only controlled the engine - trivia), was the battery disconnected or was it reset with a scanner? If it was by either method then yes, you'll have to drive it a while to recreate the malfunction.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's an ECM, and I reset it by disconnecting the battery and turning the lights on, and it sat like that for a few hours. The one on the bottom is what I have in it. The other one was in the back floorboard when I bought it

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad, I forgot you put in an 87 engine in your 92 so, you have the 7747 ECMs there. Anyway, you'll need to drive around for a while to see if your ECM sets another code.