Semiguy409's Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the feedback guys... maybe I will go into more research. I was told that POR 15 was great from a friend of my dad, but he did say it was pricey. See and there is the problem, I don't have a crazy amount to spend on it, so maybe I will just go the cheaper route that works just as good. Again, appreciate the feedback.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Well I painted the frame today... no camera=no pictures tho. I'll try to get some tomorrow. Anyways ended up using POR15 and if it sticks to the frame as good as it sticks to your hands it should be good for life. Lol

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Here are the pics as promised....

You must be registered for see images attach

Under the door on the passenger side.

Passenger side front wheel well back side.

Front of the wheel well

Front

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Hope not... me and my dad were talking about how it better stick to the frame as good as it does your hands because then I will know its on forever. lol

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Sounds like something that I might have to get for my frame instead of black rattle can every year. How much does it cost, and where did you go to get it? I've personally never heard of it.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
It was a local place that sold it (called Keystone Automotive), but I have no idea where you would look in Missouri. Ran us about $140 for 2 quarts of paint, 1/2 gallon of metal prep, & 1 quart of marine clean. And in this we used about 1 1/8 quarts of paint on all of it. Your supposed to brush it on, but if you want to do it fast and get in the cracks i would use a paint gun, just make sure you clean the gun really well and wear gloves or your hands will turn black.

They may have a store locator on the POR15 website which is this link: http://www.por15.com/

Turned out great and I am hoping from what I have heard that it will last a long time ago.

Make sure you follow the exact order and stuff that they tell you or I heard that it could turn out very bad, if you find a place that sells it ask the cautions about using it and other stuff because I haven't said everything of course.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
This was like opening a Christmas present except I know I got 6 more coming! Lol.

Stuff I have coming here yet:

- Headlight with Blinker and Running lights

- Interior left door handle trim

- Exterior left door handle

- Grill insert

- Tailgate Handle trim

- Tail lights

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
frame looks good
you can buy por online
were did you get grille? ebay from car parts warehouse or something like that?