Semiguy409's Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Well guys I have officially started tearing it apart.... I have to get the fender and the hood off then I am done! So happy with progress.

You must be registered for see images attach

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Cool! Good time to get in there and repaint that frame too! Excited to see when it is painted!

I know I had it planned so I could repaint the frame. Gonna be taking the wheels off and doing the frame from front to back next weekend just to make it look good. And I am also very excited to see the final product!

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
You and Kyle will get along great.

:lol: I was mentioned in the first reply post. I love the truck and I especially love black, regular cab, stepsides. I just got a new DD and now I can start really gettin down to the nitty gritty on mine and I hope to pull the bed off soon just for kicks, and to see what I can do there and any rust prevention I can throw at it.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
:lol: I was mentioned in the first reply post. I love the truck and I especially love black, regular cab, stepsides. I just got a new DD and now I can start really gettin down to the nitty gritty on mine and I hope to pull the bed off soon just for kicks, and to see what I can do there and any rust prevention I can throw at it.

Sweet! I thought the box would be harder to take off than it was. All the bolts came off... none broke off at all! But I would say it was the best choice... When I got the box off there was gravel everywhere in the frame and in some spots where it seems they designed to catch the damn gravel. But what do you have in mind for rust prevention? I was looking at a paint process called POR 15... anyone that has info on this stuff I would like feedback...

On the other note... I have got a lot of bondo and fiberglass work done and have been tearing apart the doors lately. I havent taken the hood off because this is at my uncles shop and if he were to need it outside and it rained I don't want it raining in the engine area.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
por-15 converts rust to metal and paints the frame at the same time. i personally didnt feel like spending all that for a gallon of it so i just went out and got rustoleum rust primer/inhibitor and a gallon of red tractor paint for a fraction of the cost with the same outcome.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
POR-15 is great stuff, but as Tyler said, it is quite pricey. I really don't think I have any rust whatsoever under my bed, just a WHOLE LOT of mud, that I need to clean out.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
imho POR-15 is great but sorta the lazy mans answer to rust proofing. if you want to save some money but do a little more work prepping then go with a rust inhibitor and some tractor paint or oil based. it will do the same thing except its two part and not one