Scuff on tailgate, can it be removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
No, I'm talking about the scuff.. :nono:

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, so i will retort by saying "says the guy with absolutely NOTHING :rice: on his truck."

Honestly man, if your gonna be an ass about what i have on MY truck, take that **** to FSC. At least when i comment on other peoples trucks, even when negative, i make it clear that it is simply my opinion and i completely respect what they may like and not like on THEIR vehicle. For example, you and me CLEARLY have opposite definitions of "rice". My definition would include louvers on a full size pickup, and hood scoops, but again, it's your truck and i have no right to talk **** about it without saying it is simply my opinion, not bashing your truck.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
If you think that louvers equal rice than you have a pretty big misunderstanding of what the term 'rice' even means.

At the end of the day you have a Monster sticker, and what looks to be a Transformers sticker under it on your tailgate. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure most people on this forum feel the same way, it's pretty gay. But that's just my opinion, right? And honestly, the rest of your truck doesn't seem to be much better. Still just my opinion though.

Maybe if you and your bros didn't throw traffic cones at eachother in traffic, you wouldn't have to get butthurt over your sticker collection in the first place.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey now easy on the hood scoop remarks :deal: lol

Anyways back on topic; that scuff is very minor and should come right off with a mild compound. But while your at it, you should go ahead and do the entire tailgate. I can't recommend 3M enough with the Perfect-It line, it is the only compounds and glazes I use. But I doubt your going to want to spend that much on something that you won't be using often. The Mothers line is pretty good, it's not pro grade but its decent stuff. Just start off with a mild compound, and work up to a glaze. Being you most likely don't have a buffer readily available (and the so called "orbital buffers" do not count lol) make sure you get something that is NOT machine applied, your going to want a product that is hand applied. You will be amazed at how much more depth your tailgate will have after doing so, when done correctly black will look outstanding buffed! Even if done correctly by hand, you will see and feel a world of differance!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
If you think that louvers equal rice than you have a pretty big misunderstanding of what the term 'rice' even means.

At the end of the day you have a Monster sticker, and what looks to be a Transformers sticker under it on your tailgate. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure most people on this forum feel the same way, it's pretty gay. But that's just my opinion, right? And honestly, the rest of your truck doesn't seem to be much better. Still just my opinion though.

Maybe if you and your bros didn't throw traffic cones at eachother in traffic, you wouldn't have to get butthurt over your sticker collection in the first place.

If you had ever been to where he lived you would understand that his truck is the epitamy of high class I'm the valley.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
I like the Decepticon logo myself. I kinda want a white one that will blend in with my paint, put it on the fender, something discrete and unseen until you really look at it.

i like it but i like this better on the side or hood
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey now easy on the hood scoop remarks :deal: lol

Anyways back on topic; that scuff is very minor and should come right off with a mild compound. But while your at it, you should go ahead and do the entire tailgate. I can't recommend 3M enough with the Perfect-It line, it is the only compounds and glazes I use. But I doubt your going to want to spend that much on something that you won't be using often. The Mothers line is pretty good, it's not pro grade but its decent stuff. Just start off with a mild compound, and work up to a glaze. Being you most likely don't have a buffer readily available (and the so called "orbital buffers" do not count lol) make sure you get something that is NOT machine applied, your going to want a product that is hand applied. You will be amazed at how much more depth your tailgate will have after doing so, when done correctly black will look outstanding buffed! Even if done correctly by hand, you will see and feel a world of differance!

The 3M Perfect-it line of products is amazing! I first learned about that when working on corporate jets. The woodwork shop used it to polish the acrylic between each coat of the 30 (or more) that was applied to achieve the high-gloss, mile-deep-look finish. Also used to polish the aircraft after a new paint job. The only stuff they would use.
If it's good enough for a $50 mil. jet, with a $1.5 mil. interior & a million dollar paint job, in an industry where 'good enough' is not in any techs vocabulary, & perfection is the standard & completely expected by the owners, well then it should certainly be 'good enough' for my truck!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score

Dude my whole truck is stock. By saying the rest of my truck "isn't much better", you must not like stock OBS, which is sometimes the best looking kind of OBS (not saying mine is, still don't know what i wanna do with it). No offense, but who the **** do you think you are? This isn't the only thread you've bashed my truck in. Oh by the way, i don't like louvers on trucks because they belong on something like this.

If you had ever been to where he lived you would understand that his truck is the epitamy of high class I'm the valley.

LOL i try.

i like it but i like this better on the side or hood

Now THAT looks like something you would see down here.