Saving another one from the scrapper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The nice thing about a deal like this is that I can sell it cheap too. My best guess on price will be in the $1500 range.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:bawl: only if he trades for a blazer lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I like to make deals. If you had a full size blazer then perhaps, but that little thingy of yours would have to be super nice to make it worth my time. We our DMV license to buy and sell but mostly we just act as a broker for the public to have access to private auctions. If we can't make a grand on something then it isn't worth the time taken from my family.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now that I have a few minutes, here is the full story. I saw the truck about 6 months ago behind a customers neighbors house. I kept an eye on it and it never moved. Last tuesday I noticed that the hood was up and the owner was around. I asked him what was wrong with the truck and he said that it has a blown head gasket. He then mentioned that he was tired of dealing with it and he was ready to get rid of it. I asked him if I could look at it and he said to go for it. After taking a quick look at it I said that if he wanted it hauled away that I would do it for him. He said that he needed to get his stuff out of it first! We exchanged numbers and I made the agreement to meet him there at 9 this morning.
He bought the truck at a local dealer after somebody traded it in. As soon as he got it he had to replace the temp sender because the gauge didn't work. About a week later and he noticed that the radiator was leaking so he bought a new one. Six weeks or so after that he had a cloud of steam behind him on his way home from work. He parked it behind his house in disgust. I belive that somebody had a problem with it and dumped in some block seal and offed the truck. About a month ago he needed a truck again so he started to tear it apart and then he found his "dream truck" on craigslist, a 78 Chevy k1500. This thing is a serious pile O' poo. One of the roughest trucks I've had the displeasure of being around. This time he permanatly lost interest in the 400 so he had called one of our local scrappers to haul the 400 away. Lucky for my the scrapper never called him back.
It has a full diamond plate tailgate protector that I will rob for the dually. I will swap the smooth bumper for the one on the step side. I will also swap the tailgate cables on the dually for the straps on the 90. I may even yank the tow hooks. Either way, by the time I'm done with the 90, it will roll out of here with an 85K engine on its way to somebodys else's home, not to the scrap yard!

And these are the people im mad at, while walking through a junkyard, looking at nice vehicles that never should of been there in the first place.... :nono: