?'s about hauling stuff with a 4/6 drop with AVS C-Notch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I lower my truck 4/6 which is a 93 5.7 ecsb 1500, I plan on running the AVS C-notch the one where you don't have to cut the floor out of the bed. Because I here that the regular bolt in c-notch don't give enough room for your axel when hauling stuff. Now my ? is can I haul stuff after I lower my truck because I haul stuff all the time like during the spring/summer the bed if filled with some wood, 2 bikes, 2 coolers, while also pulling my pop-up. Just want to make sure I can still haul stuff after I lower it an not crack the frame, an oh I'm going to be using 2500 leaf springs in stead of the 1500 ones to help with the load.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would drill it for bolt's, bolt it in and then weld it also, you should be fine from then on, it may be overkill, but I like that, and if your still in doubt, plate the frame before and after the notch on each side.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah I was thinking of bolting an welding them in, an now i'm thinking of plating it but not exactly sure how to do that "like as where to you plate". Sorry for all the dumb ?'s here lately it's just i'm about to go get started on this an just want to do it right the first time lol!! This is my first time cutting up frames to put in c-notch's an i'm alittled scared to fudge something up, but on a good note I have a friend that has c-notched almost all of his trucks helping me do this.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah I was thinking of bolting an welding them in, an now i'm thinking of plating it but not exactly sure how to do that "like as where to you plate". Sorry for all the dumb ?'s here lately it's just i'm about to go get started on this an just want to do it right the first time lol!! This is my first time cutting up frames to put in c-notch's an i'm alittled scared to fudge something up, but on a good note I have a friend that has c-notched almost all of his trucks helping me do this.

I have said this before but it fit's here too, the only dumb question is the one not ask, when I first bagged my truck, I knew nothing and had to read and read. Basically you would want to weld the notch in place and then plate approx. 12-18in. before and after the notch on the inside of the frame, you want to butt the plate right against the notch, basically your boxing the frame in small sections, I hope I am explaining this allright.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what your saying is plate the inside the frame.........meaning box the frame like this.....say this is the frame [ then box it like this [] an buy butt it you mean right up against the c-notch an weld to the c-notch to correct. hope I don't confuse you.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah you got it. It turns the c channel frame in to a box beam frame, at least in those area's.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for being helpful an answering the ?'s I asked DRAGGIN95 it's nice to know that the people on this form will help others understand/teach how to do stuff an not bash them for not knowing how to do it like others forms on the web!! Thanks again!!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that would work, or helper bag's, but with those spring's you may not have a problem, I would get it all done and then see how you like it first.